Author Topic: Fire Rizzo  (Read 314814 times)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #4150: May 31, 2019, 03:05:19 PM »
As far as the position players, now that we're healthy (minus Zimmerman), things are clicking and the lineup is worthy of a playoff contender.  Max is Max, Stras has been healthy (knock on wood) and very good, and Corbin is what we hoped he'd be.  Hopefully Anibal can build off his last start and be solid.  We might need to pick up an extra starting pitcher down the line if we make a run for it, but I don't think it needs to be anybody costly.

The bullpen...with the hole we're in, I don't think Rizzo can wait until July to address it if we're going to try and make a run.  We'll lose too many winnable games and Doo's arm will fall off.  The thing is, do you do something NOW when we're 8 games under .500?  I think this team needs to continue to win games over the next few weeks, then perhaps Rizzo will be able to pull the trigger and try and acquire bullpen help.  We need guys that have multiple years control like we we acquired Doo and Madson.  Hopefully over the next few weeks we can get within 3 or 4 games of .500 and then seriously look at making moves.