Author Topic: Fire Rizzo  (Read 315232 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #325: August 16, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
who's our CF for next year?  or are we going to continue to wait another year (and then a year after that). 

i'm hoping we get one of those guys in the offseason.

I don't know man. But the offseason makes a lot more sense. Upton is just not productive. Just look at his numbers and tell me you really want him batting leadoff. Let me put it another way: Do you want this year's version of Danny Espinosa leading off? Upton hasn't hit leadoff all season because he doesn't look at enough pitches to lead off. He doesn't get on base. If you could promise me that 2007 or 2008 BJ Upton is coming back, I'd be down. But the truth is we're getting as much production out of Rick Ankiel as the Rays are getting out of BJ Upton.

Not trading for Denard Span was a great non-move. We didn't need him this year. We need him for future years. Span just got put on the DL again for concussion like symptoms. We can get him in the offseason and it shouldn't cost us a good closer and a high potential middle infielder. Span may not be effective for a long time. If we're going to gamble, let's make it an appropriate gamble. Like we've  done with Wang, Purke and some others.

If we're going to trade our best and brightest young players, let's get something worthy. Like Jacoby Ellsbury :D