Author Topic: Fire Rizzo  (Read 315593 times)

Offline panthers30

Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #225: August 03, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
freak no. People are overrating Bourn here - it'd be like if we traded for Beltran. We have to look beyond just next year - I'm not supporting the "two years from now" idea but I'm just saying that we have to look for guys who fit short and long term.

Lol we're overrating Bourn the same way people here overrate our prospects.  Bourn is a gold glove CFer hitting over .300 that can steal bases at will.  Detwiler is a back end starter at his best and Norris, while promising, is in AA(and struggling pretty badly there).  Plus, he's blocked by Ramos.  He will be traded eventually, and we just passed up the opportunity to get a guy that could spark a pathetic offense.

If they asked for guys like Cole/Lombardozzi/Storen/Peacock/etc, I would fully understand and agree with saying no.. but no, they asked for nothing and we refused.  Dumbass move by Rizzo.  Really dumb.

edit - and I can't speak for others, but I am SICK of waiting for next year every single season to compete.  If adding Bourn finally gives us a winning season, freaking do it.  It's not like losing Detwiler/Norris is going to set us back years.