Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103776 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Online blue911

Is that a movie?

He was the DI in Full Metal Jacket

Offline Obed_Marsh

O.k. these are radio commercials but they still drive me nuts. One has a "Chief Everything Officer" and the other is trying to sound like a traffic reporter but it is a about a shoe store. I do my best to ignore them so that is all I can really recall about either aside from them being terribly annoying.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I generally just don't pay attention to commercials any more, so I didn't think I had a nominee for this thread.

Then I remembered those freaking Domino's ads wherein they try to convince us their cheese comes straight from a dairy farm.

I don't believe them for a minute, considering they fed us poison all those years.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Domino's is an abomination.  It's like eating placenta on a cardboard disc.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Domino's is an abomination.  It's like eating placenta on a cardboard disc.
Mmmm.  Sounds tasty.  That should go in the food thread.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Ali, why do you know what a placenta taste like?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Progressive commercials, by a mile. 
Progressive started as an insurer of last resort, so it is not a surprise that they give you a hassle.  That, and the owner knows your politics ;) (google and wiki the owner)

Offline Coladar

I generally just don't pay attention to commercials any more, so I didn't think I had a nominee for this thread.

Then I remembered those freaking Domino's ads wherein they try to convince us their cheese comes straight from a dairy farm.

I don't believe them for a minute, considering they fed us poison all those years.

It's total BS. They say it's a real focus group, etc. Their room is clearly a set in the middle of the farm with no wheels, nothing capable of moving it. So those people walks out to a dairy farm in the middle of nowhere and then act surprised that they're in the middle of a farm? WTF? There is no way they got those people in that room, then moved the room to a farm, without them being absolutely aware of it. My problem is they treat the commercial as if it were a real focus group, that went into a building, randomly mentions something about fake cheese, and OMG, they're in the middle of a dairy farm!!!1!one! I'm tired of these commercials pretending to be real and instead more full of **** than the cows on that farm. Very similar to why I want to murder everyone involved with Undercover Boss, making corporations and PR stunts seem like real, honest, human, etc. The sad part is these corporations succeed in their PR snowballing and sway the average dumb American. I'll be the first to buy things from these huge corporations when the product is good, but I'm tired of them trying to act like they've got anything but the bottom line at heart and are good, decent, human-centric. No saying is more apt than these corporations keep trying to piss on us and tell us it's raining by spinning their public image by these down home, good old boys PR BS.

Online blue911

Ads for HD television sets

my set is 25+ years old

Offline DPMOmaha

The Burger King commercials with the singing paramedics.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Burger King commercials with that creepy looking King!

That Geico Commercial with the Chess Players!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
That stupid commercial with the guy with the blow-gun stealing movies from the projection room... I don't even know who it is for, but it is a commercial that makes me change channels.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Its for Direct TV.  They get movies on their system before Netflicks.  I guess they are stealing them from Netflicks?  Not real clear at that!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
This one is definately stereotypical type casting and stupid.  The message about the product gets lost in the stupidity of the message

Are you a former drill sergeant who does psychotherapy?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Any of the political ads currently on the little screen.

Always a good pick, every year...my individual bottom-of-the-barrel would be any NHL national telly advertising featuring Supertwit (Penguins #87) - one of the things that got me to quit watching televised hockey altogether a few years ago.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The one with the guy in Professor Tom Brady's class that seems a little too fond of the professor.  Direct TV? 

Offline EdStroud

Its for Direct TV.  They get movies on their system before Netflicks.  I guess they are stealing them from Netflicks?  Not real clear at that!
Agreed

Offline d_mc_nabb

The Windows 7 "To the Cloud" commercial. SO annoying, and they play it every commercial break.

Offline hammondsnats

the new hyundai genesis holiday commercials.

The guy and ugly chick singing "Up on the housetop", "Jingle Bells", "Deck the Halls".  I love Christmas music, but these commercials (and renditions) are just so awful.

And they are on non-stop.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
The lady training for the target black friday sale that looks like Cindy McCain. Get a girl that looks like Meghan and I'd re-evaluate.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
freaking hipsters

Offline hammondsnats

The lady training for the target black friday sale that looks like Cindy McCain. Get a girl that looks like Meghan and I'd re-evaluate.

oh i'm sure you would like it if it was a michelle obama look-a-like 8)

Offline hammondsnats

freaking hipsters

haha i know.  the guy doesn't really piss me off that much, it's the chick. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future