Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 105479 times)

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Seriously? Not willing to stray too far outside of their comfort bubble, are they? That's like saying, "we decided to get the views of the British people outside of London, so we travelled all the way out here to Windsor, Berkshire."

To be fair, they have covered many areas of the US - I highlighted Fairfax for its connection to here... ;)

(If shown on BBC America, look out for 'Trump - The Comeback', for its priceless exchange between Katty Kay and the trucker ('this is a family show...'). :lol:)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Katty Kay is a regular on one of the US political news networks. I suppose Meowser must be a fan.

Offline English Natsie

Katty Kay is a regular on one of the US political news networks. I suppose Meowser must be a fan.

:D  (we can always count on you for purr-tinent observations... ;))

Offline dracnal

Here's a collection of commercials that I'm really, really glad are not on TV anymore:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
How about a commercial in which a TV gets smashed?

Online imref

The turning into your parents commercials really ought to become a tv series.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The turning into your parents commercials really ought to become a tv series.
OF course, the Cavemen from GEICO had a series at one point. 

The two new ones, taking the elevator and cleaning the trash and recycling bins, are perfect. Apparently a lot of this is improvised and not scripted in detail.

Online Natsinpwc

OF course, the Cavemen from GEICO had a series at one point. 

The two new ones, taking the elevator and cleaning the trash and recycling bins, are perfect. Apparently a lot of this is improvised and not scripted in detail.
You mean everyone does not clean their trash can and recycling bins?

Online imref

You mean everyone does not clean their trash can and recycling bins?

why? :hysterical:

We have to store cans in our garage but mine are destroyed every few years by the trash haulers so i've never bothered cleaning them. There is a service that comes to your home and cleans your cans, i don't know anyone who has ever used it.

Online Natsinpwc

why? :hysterical:

We have to store cans in our garage but mine are destroyed every few years by the trash haulers so i've never bothered cleaning them. There is a service that comes to your home and cleans your cans, i don't know anyone who has ever used it.
The inside gets dirty and smelly.  Clean the inside so might as well do the outside.

Online imref

https://cleancans.com/why-you-should-clean-your-trash-can/

Clean trash cans aren’t only a matter of health and sanitation. Most homeowners want to get the most out of their curb appeal. Dirty trash cans are definitely something that stands in their way.

Take care of your trash can cleanliness to boost your curb appeal. The aesthetic appeal of clean containers is more powerful than you think. Having a shiny can that doesn’t smell sets could be one of the factors that set you apart from the rest.

This is a joke, right? :)

Online Natsinpwc

Probably. But the part about the maggots and pests rings true. 

Online imref

Probably. But the part about the maggots and pests rings true. 

Maybe in some areas but I haven't had any issues here.

Offline dracnal

It's a real estate broker/property investor that run a business selling people on the idea that clean trashcans get better sell prices and home value. I doubt it's a joke. If it is, the guy went into a LOT of effort to make it seem like a real site, including twitter feeds, advertising, and blurbs in local Angie's List ripoffs. There are several competitors that uses similar names (Clean Bins, Clean-a-Can, etc) as well.

Online Natsinpwc

It's a real estate broker/property investor that run a business selling people on the idea that clean trashcans get better sell prices and home value. I doubt it's a joke. If it is, the guy went into a LOT of effort to make it seem like a real site, including twitter feeds, advertising, and blurbs in local Angie's List ripoffs. There are several competitors that uses similar names (Clean Bins, Clean-a-Can, etc) as well.
Well I would not pay to clean them. That seems extreme. Most of the time they will be sitting in the corner of a dark garage. Of course I have lots of weeds in the grass also.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Well I would not pay to clean them. That seems extreme. Most of the time they will be sitting in the corner of a dark garage. Of course I have lots of weeds in the grass also.

If you actually get to the stage of selling, wouldn't it typically pay to buy new trash cans if they are far gone?

Offline English Natsie

Over here we have 'wheelie-bins' (see link)

https://www.systemhygiene.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/i/bin017_green_wheelie.jpg

Generally stay OK, but in hot weather it's easy enough to give the inside a blast with the power-washer, just to prevent unpleasant odor...

Offline Count Walewski

Two words: bent carrot

Online Natsinpwc

If you actually get to the stage of selling, wouldn't it typically pay to buy new trash cans if they are far gone?
I suppose. You just call your company and have them replaced. Or take one from a neighbor whose looks better.

Online Dave in Fairfax

Over here we have 'wheelie-bins' (see link)

https://www.systemhygiene.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/i/bin017_green_wheelie.jpg

Generally stay OK, but in hot weather it's easy enough to give the inside a blast with the power-washer, just to prevent unpleasant odor...
Just keep your cat(s) away from the wheelie-bin and/or old ladies.

Offline English Natsie

Just keep your cat(s) away from the wheelie-bin and/or old ladies.

There have been unfortunate incidents, here, of people deliberately putting cats into wheelies - prosecutions for animal cruelty have followed...

Old ladies???....

Online Dave in Fairfax

There have been unfortunate incidents, here, of people deliberately putting cats into wheelies - prosecutions for animal cruelty have followed...

Old ladies???....
The CCTV video that went viral of the woman sticking the cat into the bin.

Offline English Natsie

The CCTV video that went viral of the woman sticking the cat into the bin.

Ah, I see - she was one of those prosecuted...

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

Sounds like HoA propaganda.