Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 105778 times)

Offline hohoho

This is sort of the opposite of this thread, but there is a PSA that I absolutely love.  The one for adoption / foster kids where a foster parent is sitting with her daughter consoling her after breaking up with her boyfriend.  The Mom tries to help, and says get to take off his sweatshirt, take down his pictures and get rid of him. Then the daughter says, but you don't understand, he's tagged like 400 of my posts.  The mom says I can cut out tags, and the daughter delivers the great line, "that's not how it works."  It's perfect delivery, and I still crack up at just the deadpan and the cluelessness with good intentions.  For a PSA, that's about the best I've seen in years.
That one is godawful. And has nothing to do with foster care, just a bad silly trivializing joke. IMO the worst most inappropriate psa ever.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I know a few of you here like to pick on me for my political ideas.  So here is another chance.  2IPAs & I have some friends in DC who work for the Church of Scientology.  The wife is in management for the church and the husband is a computer geek for the church.  But these friends are really great and just like anyone else.  We met at a microbrewery's beer dinner years ago.  These friends don't wear their beliefs on their sleeves and like other religious folks, they are good natured and would do anything to help other people.  So I don't quite understand what the comical criticism is about the Church of Scientology.

I stopped listening to the radio broadcasts when it seemed that every commercial break had the Scientologists trying to exploit Covid.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Ok, here's another one I like. I normally hate the limu emu, but the one where Doug and his wife have limu and his wife over for a barbecue and Doug offers limu chicken is pretty good

Offline Five Banners

I know a few of you here like to pick on me for my political ideas.  So here is another chance.  2IPAs & I have some friends in DC who work for the Church of Scientology.  The wife is in management for the church and the husband is a computer geek for the church.  But these friends are really great and just like anyone else.  We met at a microbrewery's beer dinner years ago.  These friends don't wear their beliefs on their sleeves and like other religious folks, they are good natured and would do anything to help other people.  So I don't quite understand what the comical criticism is about the Church of Scientology.

Leah Remini’s show on it had nothing comical about it and much that appeared disconcerting

Offline Mathguy

What network was this show on ?

Leah Remini’s show on it had nothing comical about it and much that appeared disconcerting

Offline Five Banners

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
So I just heard the Beneful Dog Food commercial with the dog raving about the chicken and blueberries and other things in the food while chewing, and I figured it sounded like Mayor DiBlasio talking up shake shack burgers and fries you can get if you get the covid shot. 

So meta.

Offline 1995hoo

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
New from radio-land: how about that ad from PhRma that has been airing about 30,000 times during recent Nats radio broadcasts?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
New from radio-land: how about that ad from PhRma that has been airing about 30,000 times during recent Nats radio broadcasts?

Right? Jeez. Because I'm a T1 diabetic, I'm sensitive about the price of insulin. Here's a graphical representation. BTW, no improvement in the performance or characteristics of the insulin charted (Humalog) since 1996 when it came out. It's continued at the same rate from 2017 to 2021.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Right? Jeez. Because I'm a T1 diabetic, I'm sensitive about the price of insulin. Here's a graphical representation. BTW, no improvement in the performance or characteristics of the insulin charted (Humalog) since 1996 when it came out. It's continued at the same rate from 2017 to 2021.

(Image removed from quote.)
what's the drug "Pharmabro" cornered and raised through the roof?

Offline GburgNatsFan

Can't remember, but I remember wanting to beat his smarmy face.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
How much crack inspired this stupid "wet teddy bears" commercial from Liberty Mutual?  Pretty sure the late Teri Schiavo had more going on upstairs than whoever finds that crap funny.

It was an HIV drug.  Thankfully, he's in prison for securities fraud.  Hopefully someone's turning him into a human sock puppet.

Offline Mathguy

Gov Northam & Jeff Jones have a commercial where they say they love each other and how wonderful we have been working together.  But the commercial doesn't say anything about what they want to do if elected.

Offline GburgNatsFan

:hysterical:
How much crack inspired this stupid "wet teddy bears" commercial from Liberty Mutual?  Pretty sure the late Teri Schiavo had more going on upstairs than whoever finds that crap funny.

It was an HIV drug.  Thankfully, he's in prison for securities fraud.  Hopefully someone's turning him into a human sock puppet.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
No crap.  Joke's on him though, he's tossing salads and pyrimethamine is now generic in the US. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Ok, I don't hate the commercial, but the Dunkin's with the Caps v the Bruins on the board hockey game, with the puck in the corner, feels very frustrating right now

Offline NatNasty

I don't want to despise Lisa Loeb, but the Geico commercial I see at least 20 times/day is making it awful hard not to.  Always hated that song. To have it crammed down my throat daily after 2 decades of peace from it is a kick in the nads.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I don't want to despise Lisa Loeb, but the Geico commercial I see at least 20 times/day is making it awful hard not to.  Always hated that song. To have it crammed down my throat daily after 2 decades of peace from it is a kick in the nads.

I don't understand if you really care
I'm only hearing negative, no no no, bad

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
speaking of Loeb, I wonder if Loeb's deli survives?

Offline 1995hoo

Discover brought back the annoying ad with the woman who calls about her Cashback Bonus and then starts screaming to the whole office about it. Thankfully, I recognized it and was able to hit MUTE so I didn't have to listen to it.

Offline imref

On the flip side, the Apple iPad commercial with the Little Mermaid theme pretty much brings our house to a screeching halt when it airs.

Offline Mathguy

Because all in the household throw bricks at the TV ?

On the flip side, the Apple iPad commercial with the Little Mermaid theme pretty much brings our house to a screeching halt when it airs.

Offline imref

Because all in the household throw bricks at the TV ?

No, kids grew up watching Disney.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
No, kids grew up watching Disney.

Nothing tugs at the ol' nostalgia like crass consumerism.

:couch: