Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 105900 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2021/03/16/dr-rick-progressive-ad/

I like this one too.  I don't recall my Dad making the grunting noise when sitting down into a chair, but I'll admit I do. 

Offline NatNasty

I will never drink another Dr Pepper.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I will never drink another Dr Pepper.

aw man....don't you want to be a pepper???

Offline NatNasty

Now I want to guzzle it by the case.

Offline imref

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

that's a Barry Manilow commercial, isn't it? 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
that's a Barry Manilow commercial, isn't it? 
maybe not . . . his Dr Pepper was earlier . . . "drink dr pepper, the joy of every boy and girl, it's the most original soft drink ever in the whole wide world."

Edit - actually, going down this rabbit hole, Manilow performed the most original soft drink commercial, but the song was written by Randy Newman and Jake Holmes. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Now I want to guzzle it by the case.

I think I'll stick with the tried-and-true 10, 2 and 4.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
And here is one remastered to 4K

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
So I really went down the rabbit hole. The guy in that commercial was the pitchman for 4 years until he was let go for appearing Naked in “American Werewolf in London”

If you want a baseball connection, here is one with Ron Guidry.

https://youtu.be/f8IBbFNCBoo?list=TLGGqCAkqHoFcPUyNjAzMjAyMQ

Offline imref

And here is one remastered to 4K

my life is now complete, thank you.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
This is sort of the opposite of this thread, but there is a PSA that I absolutely love.  The one for adoption / foster kids where a foster parent is sitting with her daughter consoling her after breaking up with her boyfriend.  The Mom tries to help, and says get to take off his sweatshirt, take down his pictures and get rid of him. Then the daughter says, but you don't understand, he's tagged like 400 of my posts.  The mom says I can cut out tags, and the daughter delivers the great line, "that's not how it works."  It's perfect delivery, and I still crack up at just the deadpan and the cluelessness with good intentions.  For a PSA, that's about the best I've seen in years. 

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

From the late 70s, eh?  Wouldn't be surprised if Pol Pot found that one useful.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Facebook commercials asking for internet regs to be updated for the first time in 25 years. 

Let me update them and break up your company.

Offline imref

Facebook commercials asking for internet regs to be updated for the first time in 25 years. 

Let me update them and break up your company.

The new Apple privacy feature is killing them, just 4% are allowing app data to be shared with Facebook.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
The FanDuel commercials for sports betting.  Money is better spent in a strip club

Online Dave in Fairfax

The FanDuel commercials for sports betting.  Money is better spent in a strip club
I find it annoying that it seems like half the Nats pre-game show is now an infomercial for DraftKings or whomever.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I find it annoying that it seems like half the Nats pre-game show is now an infomercial for DraftKings or whomever.

Sports radio, too.

Offline Natsinpwc

Sports radio, too.
Better than Kars for Kids. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

Better than Kars for Kids.

PWC once again proving that it's all relative.

Offline OldChelsea

It's even worse on the radio...the endless barrage of ads for DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, William Hill, the state lotteries etc is almost putting me off the Nats and Caps broadcasts.

Online Dave in Fairfax

It's even worse on the radio...the endless barrage of ads for DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, William Hill, the state lotteries etc is almost putting me off the Nats and Caps broadcasts.
I stopped listening to the radio broadcasts when it seemed that every commercial break had the Scientologists trying to exploit Covid.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I stopped listening to the radio broadcasts when it seemed that every commercial break had the Scientologists trying to exploit Covid.
wear a mask, social distance, and send us all your money.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Seriously? This is a thing? (And was it Scientologists or Christian Scientists?)

Offline OldChelsea

Seriously? This is a thing? (And was it Scientologists or Christian Scientists?)

It's Scientologists, and it's in 'heavy rotation' as the deejays used to say.