Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103698 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Overall,  the sheer number of Bloomberg commercials has driven me away from TV and YouTube

Missus and I are doing an unscientific survey in NoVA.     Tons of Bloomberg mail with second place to Klobuchar.     I'm hopeful for an envelope with a check.

Offline HalfSmokes

Happily, no campaign junk mail from anyone yet

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Overall,  the sheer number of Bloomberg commercials has driven me away from TV and YouTube

It’s disgusting seeing someone try to buy the presidency.

Offline mitlen

It’s disgusting seeing someone try to buy the presidency.

In keeping with a long running W. PA tradition, I'd like to announce my vote can be bought.

Offline Natsinpwc

In keeping with a long running W. PA tradition, I'd like to announce my vote can be bought.
All of my votes can be bought.

Offline mitlen

Vote early.    Vote often.     :lol:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

You guys are too easy.  :money:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
The Bloomberg speech radio spot almost made me take a hammer to my Accord's infotainment screen this morning.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I watched an entire episode of Community without a Bloomberg commercial. It was bliss.

Offline Natsinpwc

Who is bloomberg?

I'm lucky--no mailers.  And have been in Florida most of the time so missed the tv and radio ads here.  I think the one down there is mid March. 

Offline mitlen

The Bloomberg speech radio spot almost made me take a hammer to my Accord's infotainment screen this morning.

What's an "infotainment screen"?      :old:

:)

Offline HalfSmokes

Who is bloomberg?

I'm lucky--no mailers.  And have been in Florida most of the time so missed the tv and radio ads here.  I think the one down there is mid March. 

I can ignore the commercials- it's the unsolicited text messages that piss me off. I've never donated in a partisan race, so I have no clue how they got my number and they send from multiple numbers, so blocking doesn't work

Offline Natsinpwc

I can ignore the commercials- it's the unsolicited text messages that piss me off. I've never donated in a partisan race, so I have no clue how they got my number and they send from multiple numbers, so blocking doesn't work
That’s unacceptable. You should call the campaign and threaten to sue. He has lots of money.

Offline HalfSmokes

That’s unacceptable. You should call the campaign and threaten to sue. He has lots of money.

politician's exempted themselves from spam laws

There are some exemptions to the Do Not Call rules. Because of the limits to FTC’s authority, the Registry does not apply to political calls

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/do-not-call-registry

Offline Slateman

Troll them. Just tell them you have a minimum height requirement for President. Or that you don't vote for Jewish people.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

FM-106.7 (The Fan) is absolutely overrun with Bloomberg ads - odd for a station that doesn't run any political or public affairs programming.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Happily, no campaign junk mail from anyone yet

None for me as yet either (probably because I'm a federal employee and can't participate in partisan campaigns, so wouldn't appear in the databases of those who would send such mail).

Offline Slateman

FM-106.7 (The Fan) is absolutely overrun with Bloomberg ads - odd for a station that doesn't run any political or public affairs programming.
Radio sales people are absolute whores. They will run any ad as long as the person is paying. They've run ads for competitor radio stations before.

Offline Slateman

None for me as yet either (probably because I'm a federal employee and can't participate in partisan campaigns, so wouldn't appear in the databases of those who would send such mail).
You can still get political junk mail sent to your house. All the rules say is that you can't use Federal resources or time to campaign. They can still send crap to your house, unfortunately.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Radio sales people are absolute whores. They will run any ad as long as the person is paying. They've run ads for competitor radio stations before.

Because no one advertises on the radio anymore.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Because no one advertises on the radio anymore.
yes, that's because it's too crowded.

Offline GburgNatsFan

yes, that's because it's too crowded.

Seriously, I listened to a Redskins game in December. There were five advertisements that played over and over. One was FedEx. One was a terrible Bud Light commercial. The others were local.

Offline dracnal

Seriously, I listened to a Redskins game in December. There were five advertisements that played over and over. One was FedEx. One was a terrible Bud Light commercial. The others were local.

One of my clients analyzes tv and radio demographics and proposes time slots and stations to their clients. Suggests that listeners of 106.7 are basically a small cross section of voters (people who just can't not listen to Skins news) who likely won't have their vote swayed by anything short of winning a lap dance.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
One of my clients analyzes tv and radio demographics and proposes time slots and stations to their clients. Suggests that listeners of 106.7 are basically a small cross section of voters (people who just can't not listen to Skins news) who likely won't have their vote swayed by anything short of winning a lap dance.
so you are saying that's where Spidernat has been this winter?  Listening to 106.7?

Offline Slateman

I mean, listeners to 106.7 are 16-55 year old males. That's their demographic.