Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103605 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
There is something incredibly irksome about Joe Namath doin' Medicare type coverage.    I'm ready for it to be done.

Maybe it's the idea of him using Medicare.  "Hi, you know me as that football player who spent the better part of the last 50 years getting drunk as a skunk.  Now, I'm getting healthcare on the taxpayer's dime."

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
But he's not getting Medicare on the taxpayer's dime.  He's paying at least $150 per month for Medicare.

Maybe it's the idea of him using Medicare.  "Hi, you know me as that football player who spent the better part of the last 50 years getting drunk as a skunk.  Now, I'm getting healthcare on the taxpayer's dime."

Offline GataNats

The Verizon commercial with the ridiculously stupid horn, and the homely broad screaming “do you love it????”

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Most millenial ad ever?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
The Amazon singing boxes commercial.  I don't mind singing boxes but how can they make a Christmas commercial and NOT have them singing a Christmas song?? Instead they're singing horrifically insipid song that they want to be a thing I guess, but guess what? It's not a thing it will never be a thing and if it's a Christmas commercial we all want a Christmas song not some made up stupid song that's lousy! And then the delivery lady ends up at the same little house that the single mom whose son puts up her tree and does her laundry for her in another commercial comes home too! Seriously Amazon DO BETTER!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Bezos' War on Christmas. Clearly.

The Amazon singing boxes commercial.  I don't mind singing boxes but how can they make a Christmas commercial and NOT have them singing a Christmas song?? Instead they're singing horrifically insipid song that they want to be a thing I guess, but guess what? It's not a thing it will never be a thing and if it's a Christmas commercial we all want a Christmas song not some made up stupid song that's lousy! And then the delivery lady ends up at the same little house that the single mom whose son puts up her tree and does her laundry for her in another commercial comes home too! Seriously Amazon DO BETTER!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I watched it. What was it for?

Most millenial ad ever?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
ethically sourced vegan lotion that definitely wasn't tested on cats... I think

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
The KFC/Mrs Butterworth commercial is a tad creepy.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
McDonald's Spanish burger.  It has Gouda, which is a Dutch cheese, and bacon, on a burger
 What is Spanish about it?

The Canadian sandwich is fried chicken with mozzarella. I don't even think they have Canadian bacon on it.

Sorta like chicken tikka masala being the national dish of England...

Online dracnal

The Nugenix commercials. And the other GH commercials from the same folks. If they actually did anything they imply (hormonal therapy) they'd require FDA approval rather than simply be dietary supplements. I hate dietary supplement scams in general, but this one gets pounded over and over, every commercial break on some channels.

Online Natsinpwc

The Nugenix commercials. And the other GH commercials from the same folks. If they actually did anything they imply (hormonal therapy) they'd require FDA approval rather than simply be dietary supplements. I hate dietary supplement scams in general, but this one gets pounded over and over, every commercial break on some channels.
How could you not believe the Big Hurt?

Online dracnal

How could you not believe the Big Hurt?

Heh. Watch the commercials and see how he answers different questions than the ones being asked.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Those Charmin radio ads on FM-106.7...all I can say is ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Why do we have to listen to so many Medicare commercials?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Watch for the Hyundai Sonata ad 1st q of the Super Bowl

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

I used to have a 2011. It was a nice car and it drove great but I’ve never had a car that had so many recalls.

Offline HalfSmokes

The tellurides are popping up everywhere in my neighborhood. My wife and I cross shopped kias when we bought our first car together- they were fine but the salesman was so high pressure and slimy that Toyota got the sale

Offline Mathguy

Why bother ?

Offline Mathguy

In other words, why do we have so many old people ?

Online Natsinpwc

In other words, why do we have so many old people ?
Are you suggesting they send us out on ice floats like eskimos? I’m ok with that. Too many of us. We are becoming a burden.

Offline Mathguy

No - that wasn't my point.  The subject was commercials.  The reason for many commercials toward a particular market is because the population exists to purchase that product.

Are you suggesting they send us out on ice floats like eskimos? I’m ok with that. Too many of us. We are becoming a burden.

Online Natsinpwc

No - that wasn't my point.  The subject was commercials.  The reason for many commercials toward a particular market is because the population exists to purchase that product.
Soon it will just be prescription drug commercials and Medicare. Just relax. We had a good run.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Soon it will just be prescription drug commercials and Medicare. Just relax. We had a good run.

I'm getting tired of seeing Joe Namath's mug on TV.

Offline NatNasty

80 percent of your posts sound like a Medicare commercial  :poke: