Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103691 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Agree - and the Steelers have no effect on my distaste for those Fios commercials.  What gets me is Fios is making more commercials with that brat in them

He’s a co-star in stranger things

Offline 1995hoo

I cannot mute the TV quickly enough when that GEICO ad with the fitness class comes on. I will refrain from commenting further lest this post someday be used against me if I do.

The ad noted above is far more annoying than the Taco Bell ad, but that girl snapping "sunset heart hands" makes me want to smack her.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
The ad noted above is far more annoying than the Taco Bell ad, but that girl snapping "sunset heart hands" makes me want to smack her.

I think that’s the point :lol:

Offline 1995hoo

I think that’s the point :lol:

Doesn't make it any less annoying. Annoying me is not a way to get me to buy your product!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Grandpa’s musical nose grosses me out :spaz:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Doesn't make it any less annoying. Annoying me is not a way to get me to buy your product!

I guess, for me I appreciated that they were making fun of someone who lives just to post pics to Instagram.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Grandpa’s musical nose grosses me out :spaz:

I dunno if "grossed out" is the right turn of phrase, but I find it unsettling too.  It's like I can imagine musical instruments lodged deep up the guy's nose and it makes me shudder.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Take the picture!!! 
I guess, for me I appreciated that they were making fun of someone who lives just to post pics to Instagram.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Take the picture!!! 

"I HAVE TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW MUCH FUN WE'RE HAVING!!!!" :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Take the picture!!! 

"I HAVE TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW MUCH FUN WE'RE HAVING!!!!" :lol:

Fun?    I'll post you flying off the cliff.      :mg:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Fun?    I'll post you flying off the cliff.      :mg:

:lol: :clap:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The Christmas ads for entry-level lux cars hurt my brain.  If I parked a Jag with a bow on it out front the missus would have me committed for my own protection.  That's if she ever saw it...it would probably be in a chop shop before the morning.   

Offline HalfSmokes

The Christmas ads for entry-level lux cars hurt my brain.  If I parked a Jag with a bow on it out front the missus would have me committed for my own protection.  That's if she ever saw it...it would probably be in a chop shop before the morning.   

Merry Christmas- I hope you don’t mind the 84 month note

Offline Natsinpwc

Alexa, why does Dad have such a lame favorite song?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I hate to say it, but of all the car commercials, the one that I enjoy watching is the Lincoln one with the dog hanging by the window waiting for woman to come home. The woman may not live there anymore and just visiting, but that dog is just so happy when she pulls up and comes into the house.  Great tune too.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
The Ray Liotta commercial is quite creepy

Offline mitlen

Alexa, why does Dad have such a lame favorite song?

My goodness, of all the great tunes produced by that group and the copyrighters, etc. come up with this?    They were probably high the first time they heard it and had a 40 year ear worm.     I'm just thankful they didn't use "American Pie".     :mg:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
My goodness, of all the great tunes produced by that group and the copyrighters, etc. come up with this?    They were probably high the first time they heard it and had a 40 year ear worm.     I'm just thankful they didn't use "American Pie".     :mg:
you hate that song so much, you probably avoid Apple Pie.

That's OK.  Not to go into a deep pie digression, but for me it is Blueberry > Pecan > Chocolate Cream > . . . apple (has to have crumb topping) > cherry.  And Boston Cream Pie is a cake with nice stuff between layers.

Offline mitlen

The Ray Liotta commercial is quite creepy

I've always thought he was on the creepy side.    Maybe it started with the character in "Goodfellas".

Offline mitlen

you hate that song so much, you probably avoid Apple Pie.

That's OK.  Not to go into a deep pie digression, but for me it is Blueberry > Pecan > Chocolate Cream > . . . apple (has to have crumb topping) > cherry.  And Boston Cream Pie is a cake with nice stuff between layers.

I love pie.    I like almost any kind of pie made with fruit  ....  not much into psychedelic recipes  ...  Pecan/Rhubarb/Shepard, etc.

Offline 1995hoo

My wife was grumbling about the Campbell's soup commercial with the Dallas quarterback and I had to agree with her that it's a crummy ad. The guy doesn't even try to sound like he's doing anything other than reading a script: "… it is oh so good." Nobody talks like that, especially not young black pro athletes. You can read a script while still having some level of inflection that makes it less obvious that you're reading, but he sure didn't.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

The Arakpo cupcake commercial has gotten really old...

Offline mitlen

The Dunkin' Donut spot copying the Carpenters is gettin' mighty old.    On the radio side, I'm tired of the lady who's an executive with Dairy Queen toutin' some website builder (American Eagle).

Offline 1995hoo

GEICO resurrecting their most annoying ads (especially that stupid pig) makes for a good use of the MUTE button.