Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103657 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
It's bad, but the GEICO spots are worse

"Just for Men" commercial where the lady's at the door needin' milk.   Gettin' close to a plama buster.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
This Porsche commercial they always show on History is stupid.  It shows a guy throwing sacks of fertilizer or some such crap in the trunk and then says "Pick Up Truck."  Who the he'll would do that with a Porsche?  And it's not a Cayenne either, it's a coupe!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
This Porsche commercial they always show on History is stupid.  It shows a guy throwing sacks of fertilizer or some such crap in the trunk and then says "Pick Up Truck."  Who the he'll would do that with a Porsche?  And it's not a Cayenne either, it's a coupe!

The Cayenne should be called the Jackass. 75 g's for an SUV? Get a Mazda or a Hyundai and get a Porsche sports car for the weekend.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Any of those 'The General' insurance commercials.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I like the new Capital One commercial with Ovie hitting pucks all over DC and VA.  Hits a Guy dressed up like a Penguin.   Sorry Penguin!

Offline Nathan

I like the new Capital One commercial with Ovie hitting pucks all over DC and VA.  Hits a Guy dressed up like a Penguin.   Sorry Penguin!
:lmao: I love that one.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

I laugh at that one when the announcer says Rosslyn, Ballston and Arlington.   Ain't they all Arlington?   Like saying Petworth, Adams Morgan, Columbia Heights and Washington, DC.   I wanna toss a brick.

Offline hammondsnats

just the opposite ... the guy who says AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE is hilarious.  can anyone make a gif of that?!?!

Offline CALSGR8

The guys on the ski lift where one Guy wants to date the other Guy's ex-girlfriend.

Offline Revere7

• stay positive.
I pretty much hate all the commercials they show during the Nats games at this point because they keep replaying the same handful of low-budget junk over and over and over and over and over.  My least-favorite is probably the commuter one that looks like it was produced by a community college video production class.  Also hate the two guys on the ski lift, icelandic mud, and the dork who decides "hm, I guess I'll have a son and I'll name him Brian."  I hate that commercial for so, so many reasons, and I really hope that they'll stop playing it now that Mother's Day is over. 

The commercials that really make me furious though, are the ones they insert into the mlbTV streaming video archives.  They disabled the clunky fast-forward option recently as well so there's no escaping them.  I'm paying $25 a month for this service so how do they justify forcing me to sit through the extra commercials?  grrr

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The guys on the ski lift where one Guy wants to date the other Guy's ex-girlfriend.

It was mildly amusing the first time, but after the 50th time?   

:bang:

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Hits too close to home or something? :couch:

Offline CALSGR8

Hits too close to home or something? :couch:

No.  But like Teddy losing races, its getting old.  ITS NOT SKI SEASON ANYMORE!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

I can't hate on this commercial. It gave me a good laugh the first time. It is annoying but I don't wanna hate!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
It's still better than anything Geico does

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I hate those commercials for the insurance where that guy damages two cars the same way and then shows the difference in repair costs.

And anything with that freakin' animated general. Barf.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
I hate all Super Bowl commercials because they inevitably lead someone to point out that Super Bowl commercials aren't what they used to be (full disclosure: that person is usually me).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I hate all Super Bowl commercials because they inevitably lead someone to point out that Super Bowl commercials aren't what they used to be (full disclosure: that person is usually me).
Which Super Bowl commercial are you talking about?  The one involving the animal and either a flag or a kick to the groin?

Offline Revere7

• stay positive.
I am a fan of the MASN "Maximum [player name]" commercials, each of which end with that cool shot of the player holding a baseball to the camera with his first name written on it.  But there's a really strange sound effect that they include in there that kind of bothers me because it's just weird and feels out of place.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  It's like a computerized female voice sound that's a cross between a provocative moan, an awestruck "oooh!" and a sneer of disgust.  Not a big deal at all; I just was curious if anyone else noticed.

Offline hammondsnats

i think the chick from the chevy cruz eco commercial (working @ the old folks home) is pretty attractive.

Offline UMDNats

Expect it.

Offline CALSGR8

Any commercial longer than 2minutes.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Getting a little sick of the postponed flashmob commercial.

And the Sonic commercial with Phil the Vampire is a little heartbreaking at the end.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
And the Sonic commercial with Phil the Vampire is a little heartbreaking at the end.

The most heartbreaking part of every Sonic commercial is that there isn't one within a 30 mile radius of me...

Offline Nathan

That's probably heart saving

But I do like that commercial.... for now.