Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 70557 times)

Offline Sharp

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #25: October 03, 2010, 02:38:18 PM »
I've been mindfacting, lately, the notion that Rizzo is so intent on Morgan staying on the roster because he wants to prove that he made a good, positive trade last year...rather than trading our Milledge garbage for Pittsburgh's Morgan garbage.

No other reason makes sense for his devotion to Morgan on this team.  It's certainly not talent.
I don't know that I agree with you, but I do think Rizzo is seeing what we're all seeing.  Like I said, every GM has access to everything we do and more.  He knows Nyjer has not been amazing defensively this year (he's been okay, but not great), he knows he's never hit for power and has a terrible arm, he knows that Morgan's frequent stunts reflect badly on him and the team, he knows that Morgan has almost no trade value.  What I'd have to guess is that he doesn't think Bernadina would be an improvement (and I have to agree with him), so he may think keeping Morgan in center is the best option short of getting a really quality CF elsewhere.  I don't know that any amazing native CFs are on the market this off-season.