Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3  (Read 24733 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #51: September 29, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
thank god the home season is done ... now we don't have to watch the stupid presidents races anymore.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #52: September 29, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »
thank god the home season is done ... now we don't have to watch the stupid presidents races anymore.
You mean the Main Event don't you?

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #53: September 29, 2010, 08:01:39 PM »
Good break there. Lets start to chip away at that lead.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #54: September 29, 2010, 08:01:59 PM »
Ray better not say what I think he's about to say.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #55: September 29, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
productive out

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #56: September 29, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »
so the nationals have a run on the board ... i think i'll wet my pants.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #57: September 29, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »
Good break there. Lets start to chip away at that lead.

I love it that there is one person here who is always optimistic :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #58: September 29, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »

You hate the races.  :rofl:  But I don't blame you because they have become superfluous. I think the reason Roosevelt never wins is because the Lerners have fixed the races and are taking bets on the races and making a killing on the "results".

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #59: September 29, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »
Hey mitlen how did you become a Nats fan? I'm wondering why you aren't a Pirates fan since you seem to be from Western PA (or are you not from there and happen to be a bandwagon Steelers fan?).

I'm from W. PA.   I was a Pirates fan my whole life (Kiner, Clemente, Dale Long, Maz, Hoak, Law, Haddix, "Pops", Al Oliver, "Mad Dog", Tekelve, Manny, etc.) ... and then kind of lost the flame in '92.   I stayed up late in 1992 and watched the Braves beat my Bucs.   They haven't had a winning season since.  I dislike Bonds not for the steroids but because he bailed ... Bonilla too.     I still follow the Bucs (catch 'em whenever they're in town) but when the Nats came on the scene ... well I was in love again.   First game I ever went to was the Bucs in town in May or June (I think) of '05.   I have pictures.   My son and I went and sat in the yellow seats in right field.   I wore my Pirates hat.    Told the Bucs I still love 'em but I found a new love.   The Nats ... it's been bliss ever since :).    I ain't no bandwagoneer or I wouldn't be a Nats' fan (LOL).

PS  I still have my 5 X7 glossies of the '60 Pirates (Burgess, Law, Friend, Stuart, Maz, Groat, Hoak, Skinner, Virdon, Clemente).

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #60: September 29, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
You hate the races.  :rofl:  But I don't blame you because they have become superfluous. I think the reason Roosevelt never wins is because the Lerners have fixed the races and are taking bets on the races and making a killing on the "results".

(Image removed from quote.)
I never did get an answer from the Nationals on my replacement of the Presidents race idea.  My suggestion was a figure eight track in CF with dogs racing with monkeys on their backs 10 laps.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #61: September 29, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »
Lets not forget they are changing Detwiler's pitching motion so it doesn't effect his hip as much.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #62: September 29, 2010, 08:09:39 PM »
Espy with an ESPY!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #63: September 29, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »
Lets not forget they are changing Detwiler's pitching motion so it doesn't effect his hip as much.

Did they change his brain to throw meatballs over the plate? That sounds mean. Ah, well.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #64: September 29, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
i'm sure detilwer isn't going to like that taste all offseason long.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #65: September 29, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

After the race Bob said: "And so a season of futility comes to an end"

Man did I want Dibble in the booth to respond to that low hanging curve.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #66: September 29, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
I never did get an answer from the Nationals on my replacement of the Presidents race idea.  My suggestion was a figure eight track in CF with dogs racing with monkeys on their backs 10 laps.

:lmao:

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #67: September 29, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
Did they change his brain to throw meatballs over the plate? That sounds mean. Ah, well.
Its tough to make in season changes. Some guys can do it... so can't. Detwiler will be fine. I hope they do give him 1 inning of relief work in NY. I would hate to have him try and sleep this one off all off season.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #68: September 29, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
   Told the Bucs I still love 'em but I found a new love.   The Nats ...

A philanderer that left a hideous girl for an equally ugly one. Or maybe you're like Julian Tavarez and after last call it doesn't matter anymore.  :lol: 

Are you a penguins fan?

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #69: September 29, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
We can see why you didn't get the PR job for the Nats! :shock:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #70: September 29, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »
Its tough to make in season changes. Some guys can do it... so can't. Detwiler will be fine. I hope they do give him 1 inning of relief work in NY. I would hate to have him try and sleep this one off all off season.

The problem is, he was supposed to be majors ready throwing 93. I guess I should realize how much it sucks for him, too. I'm pretty frazzled right now.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #71: September 29, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »
If Batista is 97 MPH then  if Bally gets in he will be Chapmanisque at 105! :roll:

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #72: September 29, 2010, 08:18:34 PM »
We can see why you didn't get the PR job for the Nats! :shock:
grounds keeper job also

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #73: September 29, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
grounds keeper job also

Do you really want to pick up monkey poop mixed with dog poop?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #74: September 29, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
Are you a penguins fan?

That's a whole 'nother story.   I'm a Caps fan.   The Pens didn't show up until '67.   I was out of HS, etc. by then.   However, the first pro hockey game I ever saw was just after I got out of the Army.   Last game of the year ('71/'72) and the Pens were playing the Blues.   They had to win to make the playoffs ... SRO ... original "igloo" before the expansion.   Then I met the Caps in '74.     So, ya see it was another  ugly for ugly thing (LOL).    Rest assurred however that I don't like Crosby (LOL).