Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 28939 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #125: September 11, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »
The Rangers owner defaulted on hundreds of millions of dollars in loans and used the team to help him pull it off. Talk about a cheap sleazy owner.

he's probably not as bad as lerner vs. angelos.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #126: September 11, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »
Clippard bringing the heat.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #127: September 11, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
Clippard's is eventually going to die soon.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #128: September 11, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
i want to see danny draw a walk & steal a base.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #129: September 11, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »

That is downright insane.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #130: September 11, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
Dinger time.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #131: September 11, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
Ray right on the nose with the curveball call

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #132: September 11, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »
Why exactly didn't Riggs go with Zim-Dunn-Morse-Bernie in that order for the R/L/R/L as well as the better hitter in the 5 hole?

Offline PC

« Reply #133: September 11, 2010, 04:01:13 PM »
5 runs in four games.  :icon_frown:

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #134: September 11, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again
crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again crud again

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #135: September 11, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
congrats Loss #82.

LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #136: September 11, 2010, 04:07:25 PM »
Well we officially won't finish at .500....

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #137: September 11, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
Ray right on the nose with the curveball call

Yeah, that was really impressive.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals vs. Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #138: September 11, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
Lerner.
I think most people thought he could produce 90% of Hudson at a cheaper cost. Hudson isn't special either. He isn't a great defensive player anymore.
That means it really was a Lerner.
Hudson is a head case whereas they all like Kennedy. Also Kennedy was benched nearly all the time for Guzman.

That's all great but none of you really answered my question.

and a difference of 2.4 WAR between Hudson and Kennedy is the same as the difference between this year's Adam Dunn and Carl Crawford.  $5m for 2.4 wins.  Not even that much if you subtract Kennedy's contract.

:whistle:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #139: September 11, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
That's all great but none of you really answered my question.

and a difference of 2.4 WAR between Hudson and Kennedy is the same as the difference between this year's Adam Dunn and Carl Crawford.  $5m for 2.4 wins.  Not even that much if you subtract Kennedy's contract.

:whistle:

I said Kennedy could be better. He didn't get enough playing time to find out.

Offline NeedaNewNick

« Reply #140: September 11, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »

Angelos just shelled out $4-5 million for a real manager, meanwhile only reason we've got the Rizzo and Riggleman show is both come very cheap, at this point I'd rather have Angelos as an owner than the Lerners, who are easily the worst in baseball now

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #141: September 11, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »
Angelos just shelled out $4-5 million for a real manager, meanwhile only reason we've got the Rizzo and Riggleman show is both come very cheap, at this point I'd rather have Angelos as an owner than the Lerners, who are easily the worst in baseball now

So go to the Orioles hangout. This isn't the Ted Lerner Fan Forum, how about talking about the players or the game, just once.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #142: September 11, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
So go to the Orioles hangout. This isn't the Ted Lerner Fan Forum, how about talking about the players or the game, just once.

It's not nice to ask people to do things they're clearly incapable of.  It's like asking Sportsfan to root for someone over 13 years old.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #143: September 11, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »
It's not nice to ask people to do things they're clearly incapable of.  It's like asking Sportsfan to root for someone over 13 years old.

Seriously, the guy has never posted about anything except for LAC :hammer: I don't know if he watches the games, even.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #144: September 11, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »
I said Kennedy could be better. He didn't get enough playing time to find out.

I don't think there's anything in his 80 GS to suggest he could've been better, and I think PT is an excuse, but you're entitled to think whatever you like.  Everyone else around here does :lol:

Offline Coladar

« Reply #145: September 11, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
I really dislike all of these Saturday day games. We've had a total of four or five Saturday night games all year... Always used to be my favorite night to go to RFK and watch some baseball. This year they were obsessed with day games in half the season, and of the few games we got at night, two were taken away by Fox in July for Strasburg.

I was all set to go to today's game, was about to get my jersey on and head out. Then I looked outside and saw how ridiculously sunny it was, with my seat getting the sun 100% of the game for a 1pm start. Realized the odds of us winning, and decided taking a nap was better. Woke up, looked at the score and realized the only thing I cared about as far as missing the game was the $60 I wasted, but that it was worth it to not have to sit through such an apparently lovely game.

Bottom line, I hope they cut this every Saturday in April, May and September are day games crap. We have no choice but to have a day game on Sunday, so I just don't see the need to have every weekend game a day game. Five Saturday night games all year = pathetic.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #146: September 11, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »
We stink on Saturday's.  Ah, who am I kidding ... we stick on all days.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #147: September 11, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
Riggleman will take outs however he can get them, but prefers groundballs off Marquis' sinker than the uncharacteristic strikeouts.
Has Riggleman read the study suggesting that the important thing when it comes to going deep in games is not whether you are a groundball pitcher or a strikeout pitcher, but whether you walk people or not?  I really hope he isn't giving the pitchers advice like "don't strike out people" or tries to turn Strasburg into a sinkerballer when he comes back.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #148: September 11, 2010, 08:25:01 PM »
Has Riggleman read the study suggesting that the important thing when it comes to going deep in games is not whether you are a groundball pitcher or a strikeout pitcher, but whether you walk people or not?  I really hope he isn't giving the pitchers advice like "don't strike out people" or tries to turn Strasburg into a sinkerballer when he comes back.
Typically striking guys out eats up more pitches than getting groundball outs though.  A perfect game by all groundball outs or flyouts would take 27 pitches.  Striking everyone out would take 81.  I remember last year commenting on how much deeper Lannan would play getting groundball outs than the games where he was on a strikeout frenzy.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #149: September 11, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Typically striking guys out eats up more pitches than getting groundball outs though.  A perfect game by all groundball outs or flyouts would take 27 pitches.  Striking everyone out would take 81.  I remember last year commenting on how much deeper Lannan would play getting groundball outs than the games where he was on a strikeout frenzy.
Groundballs have the potential to result in fewer pitches per inning.  They also have the potential to result in really long innings because the groundballs don't turn into outs, but base hits.  In the end, the study (which analyzed a LOT of data) suggested, over the long term pitch counts were roughly equal among pitchers who struck out a lot but walked few and pitchers who got a lot of groundouts and walked few.  The strikeout pitchers, however, did substantially better over their time in the game.  As for pitchers who walked people... they tended to give up more runs and be out of the game earlier.  Like I said, walks are the killer.

Also, how am I already being ignored by someone?  I didn't think I was that inflammatory.