Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 (L)  (Read 20504 times)

Offline PC

Leadoff walk for Saul...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Quote from: "2k6nats"
If the only thing blocking him from signing is a no-trade clause, and Kasten doesnt give him one, all of Washington will hate him.
No dude...that's NOT what I'm saying at all - Alfonso is going to make sure that he doesn't sign here..both him and his agent.  They're gonna use whatever means necessary.  Don't kid yourself when he says he wants to be here because he doesn't.  He wants to be in New York.  You'll see.

Offline PC

Quote from: "Senators2005"
If the only thing blocking him from signing is a no-trade clause, and Kasten doesnt give him one, all of Washington will hate him.
No dude...that's NOT what I'm saying at all - Alfonso is going to make sure that he doesn't sign here..both him and his agent.  They're gonna use whatever means necessary.  Don't kid yourself when he says he wants to be here because he doesn't.  He wants to be in New York.  You'll see.

Has he learned nothing for Alex Rodriguez?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Ho Hum...bases loaded, nobody out.  Somebody wake me up when it's over.

Offline PC

Quote from: "PC"
Leadoff walk for Saul...

...followed by a single.  :x

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
We will break some record............

-Highest team ERA
-Most consecutive hits
-Most errors
-Highest bullpen ERA

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
We will break some record............

-Highest team ERA
-Most consecutive hits
-Most errors
-Highest bullpen ERA
:oops:

Offline PC

Leadoff walk for Saul...

...followed by a single.  :x

Followed by another single.

This is incredibly sad.  :oops:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "Senators2005"

I understand, I guess everyone will just have to wait and see.

Offline nats2playoffs

A young pitcher can throw out his arm in the majors just as easily as he can in the minors.  (They're too young to realize this.)  We'll never see some of these guys play, ever.  Screw this!  Bring in a 19-year-old throwing 98-mph heat.  Why let him get used to pitching to minor league batters?   Ted Lerner would go for this.  I'd give Matt LeCroy a chance to pitch before putting Gryboski in again.  He should be released, today...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Laugh...Saul might get out of the inning.  If this was a one or two run game you know he wouldn't.   :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
A young pitcher can throw out his arm in the majors just as easily as he can in the minors.  (They're too young to realize this.)  We'll never see some of these guys play, ever.  Screw this!  Bring in a 19-year-old throwing 98-mph heat.  Why let him get used to pitching to minor league batters?   Ted Lerner would go for this.  I'd give Matt LeCroy a chance to pitch before putting Gryboski in again.  He should be released, today...
   (Image removed from quote.)

Do we have a 19 year old throwing 98 mph heat?

Offline PC

When this season ends, the pink slips should be flowing so freely that they might have to start handing out goldenrod slips!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Darn it, poor kid.  Hope he's alright.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
This will be a TOTALLY different team next year...the only guys I see as permanent are Schneider, Patterson & Zimmerman.  I think the OFF-season is actually going to be more fun to watch then this pathetic excuse for a year.

Offline sportsfan882

Nice job Saul.  No way he's coming back next year.  He is bad

Offline PC

What kid?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Oh, just great Saul.  Who cares, hit the next couple of guys, and get ejected.  Then maybe we'll have a chance to get out of the inning.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
spoke too soon...walked in a run.   :cry:

Philadelphia 10
Washington 3

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!

What kid?
kid hit in the stands by foul ball.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

What kid?

Victorino hit a liner into the seats down the RF line, and the ball hit a kid.  He had to be taken away, he was hurt.  :cry:

Offline PC

There you go, double digit runs!

Thanks Kevin and Saul and Tony.  You're all one pathetic soup of terrible pitchers.

Offline sportsfan882

There you go, double digit runs!

Thanks Kevin and Saul and Tony.  You're all one pathetic soup of terrible pitchers.

They hopefully, no, make that DEFINITLEY, won't be back next year.

iluvryanzimmerman

C'mon Guys !!!! 10 to 3

Offline nats2playoffs

What kid?

Victorino hit a liner into the seats down the RF line, and the ball hit a kid.  He had to be taken away, he was hurt.  :cry:

Are you watching the game on TV up there?  Go Vermont Lake MONSTERS!

We don't have many MLB pitchers.  So bring up Colton Willems now.  "Willems, 17, is considered one of the best high school pitchers in the draft. In fact, he was the Most Valuable Pitcher in the Cape Cod Classic. His velocity has been clocked as high as 97 mph. This past season, Willems was 7-1 with a 0.68 ERA and striking out 99 batters in 51 1/3 innings for John Carroll Catholic High School."