Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 1  (Read 14146 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 1
« Reply #375: May 29, 2010, 02:39:01 AM »
Whats up with this year for baseball in general? Is this 'come from behind' year? I know the Nats will keep it up but: Reds, Padres, Blue Jays, A's. Pretty interesting.

NL East still staying with each other.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #376: May 29, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
Dunn had 2 homers within grasp the last 2 games. One IMO should have been ruled one, and one would have been out at any other park.
Zimmerman is cold as ice right now, but you know he'll turn it around. I'm extremely excited to begin the Houston series, because June COULD and should be a breakout month for the Nats. If all things go well, not only will the Nats be way above .500, but they will be seriously knocking down the door for 1st in the NL East.

I never in my wildest dream thought they could finish this rough stretch at or above .500. The worst they could do is 1 game under, and I doubt I can find any fan who isn't happy about that.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #377: May 29, 2010, 07:54:08 AM »
Clearly Old Chelsea had the magic that broke the San Diego curse.

Caught the match on the radio last night (notably Capps' high-wire act in the 9th that reminded me of Cordero back in the RFK days, when practically every save situation was an adventure) and I was wondering how my San Diego links - as noted in the lead post, I was born there (naval hospital) - would sort out. Good to see that Capps and the Nats ultimately prevailed - but were some of those umpires moonlighting NHL refs?

Further interesting bit: The last time I was actually in San Diego was in 1969 - the year the Padres played their first season.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #378: May 29, 2010, 08:13:15 AM »
Ugh, west coast games. Apparently I fell asleep in the 7th so I'm finishing the game. :)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #379: May 29, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »
Wow at Desmonds bunt. Great play.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #380: May 29, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
Brainiac, how many starts in 15 days, remembering he skipped one. Right. Other questions?:lol:

he missed one start dude.  you said DL his ass or send him to AAA.  Just admit you were wrong on this because his last three starts have been John Lannan-esque and he's given us a chance to win all three games.

Or we can just agree to disagree 8)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #381: May 29, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »
he missed one start dude.  you said DL his ass or send him to AAA.  Just admit you were wrong on this because his last three starts have been John Lannan-esque and he's given us a chance to win all three games.

Or we can just agree to disagree 8)

PS that statue was at the Hirshhorn for a while and it was freaky.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #382: May 29, 2010, 09:16:18 AM »
i still can't believe you won't give him credit lol

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #383: May 29, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »
i still can't believe you won't give him credit lol

Instead of Lannan marrying your sister you should marry him. You sound like a freaking chick moist between the legs over Lannan (or AZ with a boner for Dukes).

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #384: May 29, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
Instead of Lannan marrying your sister you should marry him. You sound like a freaking chick moist between the legs over Lannan (or AZ with a boner for Dukes).

He's way out of control :lol: I said a bunch of nice things about Lannan and I said he was hurt or needed to work it out. That's it.

Everyone on this board has such crushes on him that they can't be objective. Olsen is frankly a better pitcher and everyone has jumped on his case.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #385: May 29, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
well done, nats. well done

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #386: May 29, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »

freak off.

He's way out of control :lol: I said a bunch of nice things about Lannan and I said he was hurt or needed to work it out. That's it.

Everyone on this board has such crushes on him that they can't be objective. Olsen is frankly a better pitcher and everyone has jumped on his case.

dude all i'm saying for weeks you questioned lannan while some on here would question that.  i'm just pointing out his stats from the last three outings which have been productive.

And I'm not saying he's better than Olsen ... i don't know who has said that.  Olsen has had a better year, I'm simply saying Lannan shouldn't be in AAA.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #387: May 29, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
What part of "If he's hurt he should be on the DL or rehabbing working out his problems at the AAA level rather than hurting the TEAM trying to figure it out at the MLB level" do you fail to grasp? You seem more concerned about your favorite crushes (and you criticize SF for having his boys) than about the team having a shot to win every game. You're floating on air over Lannan's last 3 starts but you're blind to the fact that half of his starts have been bad. He failed to complete 6 innings 5 times and only made it past the 6th twice. That's back of the rotation material and you're over here talking crap about it. Because he missed a start there were 11 days between starts 6 and 7. Start number 7 was not good so if he was really hurt and had gone on the DL he would've only missed one other start (in which he was dismal anyway) and been back in time to pitch in St Louis.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #388: May 29, 2010, 12:15:52 PM »
yeah lannan and the think tank said he needed to rest his arm for one start and that it was nothing more than that. 

he came back and was good against the rockies until that one god awful inning.  then his last three starts he's been good.  i think everyone on here thinks lannan is a back end of the rotation guy.  i just get irritated that there are some fans (and i'm not saying PA) are forgetting what Lannan has done for this franchise and some are ready to get rid of him just like that.

granted his ERA is still high, it's a lot better than what it was and i hope he continues to throw this way.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #389: May 29, 2010, 12:24:53 PM »
Let's take this stuff to hammonds' newly-created "Lannan is back" thread.