Author Topic: The Stephen Strasburg Appreciation Thread  (Read 49337 times)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
seriously, what the heck happened to this dude?  is the real Strasburg stuck in the Black Lodge with Agent Cooper?? (Twin Peaks reference....been ninge-watching). 

all of a sudden he's confident, doesn;t get flustered, looks angry if not downright frieghtening on the mound.  Pumping it up and cussing in the dugout....who is this guy???  Not sure Ive ever seen such a 180.....could be a great story if he could lead the charge and get us back in it.

Shaved his chin

Offline PC

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
seriously, what the heck happened to this dude?   

Having an affair does wonders for some.  ;)

PC knows stuff  8)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
He yawned on the mound during his previous start. He yawned:clap:

seriously, what the heck happened to this dude?  is the real Strasburg stuck in the Black Lodge with Agent Cooper?? (Twin Peaks reference....been ninge-watching). 

all of a sudden he's confident, doesn;t get flustered, looks angry if not downright frieghtening on the mound.  Pumping it up and cussing in the dugout....who is this guy???  Not sure Ive ever seen such a 180.....could be a great story if he could lead the charge and get us back in it.

Offline Matugi

Hint: Strasburg has always been this good.  He's just been massively underappreciated by this fanbase and had a rough start to the year clearly due to injuries.  He was absolutely dominant last year.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Hint: Strasburg has always been this good.  He's just been massively underappreciated by this fanbase and had a rough start to the year clearly due to injuries.  He was absolutely dominant last year.

We should trade him while his stock is high...I don't see him repeating this performance in 2016.   :whistle:

Offline Matugi

We should trade him while his stock is high...I don't see him repeating this performance in 2016.   :whistle:

Good one.

Offline BeltwayBaseball

• I want to get off Ted & Mark's Wild Ride

He wasn't exactly dominant last year. He was still mystifying the way he'd give up a couple runs in the first inning, guaranteed, and had some real bad starts where he was homered off a ton, like down in Atlanta. He was durable though, pitched over 200 innings for the first time in his career. But that wasn't the case this year. He's always been excellent and always had phases of dominance, but he's never put in a full dominant season like he was expected too. Again, unfair expectations, but they are what they are.

Let's hope this new clean-chinned Strasburg is the beginning of what we had always hoped for. If he is a Cy Young candidate next year, I say we extend him for the right price, since he's probably going to be injury prone through his career. And I think we go through 2016 and see what he can do rather than trade him.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
I think it was that mini-goatee. Might not be an ace yet, but he's very good.

Next season, he grows a beard. Dyes it red. "The flame-thrower", we'll call him.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
PC knows stuff  8)

PC might be the "mistress". :stir:

Offline PC

PC might be the "mistress". :stir:

Trust me.  If was Strasburg's mistress, I wouldn't be hanging around here with you people, griping about the schedule.

Give me another reason for his performance lately. An affair is just as reasonable as anything else.  Hopefully, he didn't use Ashley Madison.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Have you ever had a relationship? They aren't *that* great. Money's a much better motivator.

Trust me.  If was Strasburg's mistress, I wouldn't be hanging around here with you people, griping about the schedule.

Give me another reason for his performance lately. An affair is just as reasonable as anything else.  Hopefully, he didn't use Ashley Madison.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
An affair is just as reasonable as anything else.

:lmao:  You are funny, PC.

Offline PC

Have you ever had a relationship? They aren't *that* great. Money's a much better motivator.

Maybe his mistress is "adventurous".

Offline GburgNatsFan

:hysterical:

Money is still a better motivator. Money can buy anything. Even adventure.

Maybe his mistress is "adventurous".

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Kyke Schwarber and Carl Edwards Jr

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

You dont pay a hooker for sex. You pay her to leave.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Just so.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

You're doing it wrong...

Offline GburgNatsFan

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

We should, but Rizzo won't, he'll hold on to him until he walks.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
He's repeating his second half performance in 14 since getting healthy  this year. If healthy he's a top five pitcher.

Online Natsinpwc

Re: The Stephen Strasburg Appreciation Thread
« Reply #299: August 30, 2015, 02:23:44 PM »
I guess he is only top five if it's not too hot. Or wet. Or the mound is not perfect.

Seems we do not have an ace on this team.