Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 19917 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "tomterp"
Bowden says it's the first time he's ever held a press conference to announce nothing.

Also, he says he discussed with Soriano that they did not want to have to break the bank to sign him, since they are trying to build a complete team, and that Soriano seemed optimistic something could be worked out.  (take THAT with a big ol' grain of salt)

Comments for those of you not listening to the radio broadcast.

You know what, maybe he'll surprise us, it's starry eyed I know - but there are other considerations at play here - he wants to settle somewhere - he says it's DC - I'm inclined to take him at his word until he gives me reason to think otherwise - will be interesting to see if we can get something done ...

Offline hammondsnats

AK47 almost went deep...1 down.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Man, the Nats are hitting this guy HARD ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
uh oh .. Correia warming in the pen ... hmmmm ...

Offline hammondsnats

gamer churchie pops up to 2b.  2 down.  

i hate you damian jackson.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
hey, just got home from work.

How are we doing?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
hey, just got home from work.

How are we doing?

Looking pretty good so far ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Atta boy DJ!!

Offline sportsfan882

good AB for DJ

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "wpa2629"
Bowden says it's the first time he's ever held a press conference to announce nothing.

Also, he says he discussed with Soriano that they did not want to have to break the bank to sign him, since they are trying to build a complete team, and that Soriano seemed optimistic something could be worked out.  (take THAT with a big ol' grain of salt)

You know what, maybe he'll surprise us, it's starry eyed I know - but there are other considerations at play here - he wants to settle somewhere - he says it's DC - I'm inclined to take him at his word until he gives me reason to think otherwise - will be interesting to see if we can get something done ...

Well, it's Sori's job to be happy, make people smile, and hit home runs.  It's his agent's job to extract every last nickle.  Wanna bet on which of them leads the negotiations?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Sounds like Lowry threw at Fick.

Offline sportsfan882

Fick plunked

Offline sportsfan882

Astacio flys to deep center

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Hmm ... a little retaliation of Fick there? ... interesting ..

Offline hammondsnats

Quote from: "hammondsnats"

everytime i say that he does something good.

Offline PC

Pedro, Pedro, Pedro!!!

Offline sportsfan882

Astacio has to plunk Bonds now, it's only fair

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I don't understand pitchers sometimes.  He was evidently mad at Fick for attempting to bunt for a hit, so he drilled him in the ass.

What's up with that, is he too lazy to want to field a bunt?  Jerk.

Offline JMW IV

I am preparing my reaction to Soriano staying. It'll be posted on my Blog (I have a blog?) shortly.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Well, it's Sori's job to be happy, make people smile, and hit home runs.  It's his agent's job to extract every last nickle.  Wanna bet on which of them leads the negotiations?

Uh duh, er, uh .. as I stare starry eyed and slack jawed with drool hanging off my chin? ... gee ... I dunno ...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "sportsfan882"

That would be great.

Actually, it would be fairer if he plunked Lowry, but of course Lowry was replaced by a pinch hitter, the coward.

Offline JMW IV

everytime i say that he does something good.

he does it to piss you off. :)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "sportsfan882"

That would be great.

Actually, it would be fairer if he plunked Lowry, but of course Lowry was replaced by a pinch hitter, the coward.

Yeah ...it would ... Lowry looked pissed ... someday I'll have to get the "unwritten baseball rules handbook" ...

Offline PC

Winn again.  :x

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Nice try by DJ ...