Author Topic: 2010 Southern Maryland Nationals Meet Up Group  (Read 7513 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I was born and raised in Indiana, and was afraid that Texas would be a nest of hicks and lunatics (which is ironic coming from a Hoosier) - and now, down here I DO live in a really hick-ish region, in rural central Texas, where the People of Wal-Mart blog gets material, the school superintendent weasels teachers into making his deadbeat son salutatorian, and the newspaper's crime blotter has been featured on a double-digit number of Jay Leno episodes. The kind of town that has ... let's see ... well now it has 9 traffic lights, which is a big deal. 3 of them weren't here 2 years ago.

What makes Texas awesome is there are about a thousand different Texases ... the Hill Country, San Antonio, Dallas, west Texas, Austin, Houston, all such different cultures you'd think they were in different states. There's still a lot for me to explore, maybe a road trip in spring break this year, and it's gonna be fun. 8)

Oh yeah ... three words ... bar b q
Wow, it's like a whole other country!  :lol:

I'm envious of you traffic lights though.  My town has 2.  Unless you count both signals in each  of the 4 directions, then we have 16.  Or you could count each light in each signal :lol:  we have "the square" as a term used for giving directions.  We used to have a duck pin bowling alley, we used to walk from school to it one week a year and play as a part of our PE class.