Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 9915 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #25: September 20, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »
A ONE PAGE GAME THREAD!!! :shock:

This thread sucks as much as our ball club under Riggleman but at least it is no longer one page.

Offline PC

« Reply #26: September 20, 2009, 04:12:35 PM »
Now it's two!  8)

Offline madj55

« Reply #27: September 20, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
we're awful

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #28: September 20, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »
How did Burke look? Passable?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #29: September 20, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »
"We just were flat, and that's not acceptable," Riggleman said in his postgame media session. "We got down a run, and it was almost as if, 'Well, let's see what we can do here to get through it.' You know, I just wasn't pleased with the overall intensity of the game. The thing is, the other guy (Mets' starter John Maine) was throwing a pretty good ballgame; good pitching will make you look flat. But we can't allow that to happen. We've got a lot of guys on this ballclub that are fighting to make an impression for the future, and so I just reminded them that these last couple weeks count. You can't play with a lack of energy. If you do, it's gonna show up in somebody's mind who's gonna be making a decision about your future."
A few of Washington's veterans weren't quite as harsh in appraising the energy level. Adam Dunn, in fact, vehemently disagreed with the assessment that the Nats were flat.

Asked if he thought Washington's energy level was lacking, Dunn began by saying, "That's tough. I was in the game; I'm not going to sit here and say I was flat because I don't think I was and I can only speak for myself. As far as the team -- I don't think we came out... I'm gonna say no, I don't think we were flat. I don't. I just think that we ran into some guys that pitched pretty good, we weren't swinging the bats really well, and I think that's the problem.

Later, Dunn added, "It's easy, man, [to keep your energy level up]. Good weather. What else are you going to do? Energy -- that has nothing to do with it. We've playing one-hundred-and-X amount of games. Why would we decide on Sunday whatever-the-day-is to not play hard? That's bullcrap. That's one thing we do. Winning or losing, we do play hard."

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #30: September 20, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
Everyone's packed it in for the season. That's pretty clear.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #31: September 20, 2009, 07:48:10 PM »
Dunn goes hard every game. Don't think Rigglemoron was talking about him.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #32: September 20, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
I've pretty much hit my nadir for the season in following this team.  They've cashed it in, and so have I.  Why should I care if they don't?  The Mets are a dismal team, a couple of major leaguers surrounded by piss-poor minor league filler, and they threw in the towel months ago.  And yet, they dominated us. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #33: September 20, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »
I've pretty much hit my nadir for the season in following this team.  They've cashed it in, and so have I.  Why should I care if they don't?  The Mets are a dismal team, a couple of major leaguers surrounded by piss-poor minor league filler, and they threw in the towel months ago.  And yet, they dominated us. 

Yea, it's sad. I have tickets for two more games and I'll be using them because it gives me an excuse to hang out with my brother and dad, but I go into each game expecting the team to get rocked.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #34: September 20, 2009, 08:02:57 PM »
And worst gameday thread of the year.  Hard to believe that we had over 1,000 at times, and often more than 500 posts.  And how we have to type messages about how short the thread is just to aspire to 40.

Tells you I'm not the only one that had a better time today pruning trees, cleaning my aquarium, cleaning my basement and catching a few Redskins series.  Oh, let me see what the Nats are doing ...........down 4-0, nevermind, it's over.

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
« Reply #35: September 20, 2009, 11:08:57 PM »
freak this bull crap ill get something started here, where everyone can get juiced up for...

Ian Desmond made an amazing play where he cut off Zimmerman and cleared showed that he should be our starting SS for the rest of the season. I think that we should trade Guzman or waive doesnt matter, add a good defensive 2nd baseman to teach Desmond and than go on from then.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #36: September 20, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
And worst gameday thread of the year.  Hard to believe that we had over 1,000 at times, and often more than 500 posts.  And how we have to type messages about how short the thread is just to aspire to 40.

Tells you I'm not the only one that had a better time today pruning trees, cleaning my aquarium, cleaning my basement and catching a few Redskins series.  Oh, let me see what the Nats are doing ...........down 4-0, nevermind, it's over.

I've been following on gameday but generally ignore  the games once we fall behind. I feel bad for the beat writers at this point in the season.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #37: September 20, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »
I've been following on gameday but generally ignore  the games once we fall behind. I feel bad for the beat writers at this point in the season.
gotta be hard to find things to write about anymore. every game is the same. just another pitiful loss.

adam dunn and the others can deny it all they want. this team has mailed it in. looks like dunn will fall short of his 40 hr mark because he has really fallen off.

dodgers series is going to be ugly. they will whip our asses.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #38: September 20, 2009, 11:54:02 PM »
gotta be hard to find things to write about anymore. every game is the same. just another pitiful loss.

adam dunn and the others can deny it all they want. this team has mailed it in. looks like dunn will fall short of his 40 hr mark because he has really fallen off.

dodgers series is going to be ugly. they will whip our asses.

even if you're covering a good team, you're writing about the team looking towards the playoffs. there are so few races and everything is pretty much wrapped up or close to it.

this is the time i feel bad for harlan. baseball beat is tough as it is, but in september of yet another 100-loss year, yikes