Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 6939 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Not a bad crowd. I had tickets for last night's game but something popped up that prevented my going at the last minute. I also have tickets for tomorrow's game but won't be able to make that one either. I hope tomorrow's crowd exceeds 40k though.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "Willie Mays Hayes 00"
who was the injury delay for?

When? ... The pitcher for Chicago got hurt in the last inning ... didn't see someone else get hurt ...

Offline KyleScha

Jacques Jones fouled one off his foot

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "wpa2629"
Quote from: "spidernat"
Quote from: "wpa2629"
I have a question, if a ball bounces into the dirt and then hits you ... are you still "hit by the pitch"? or is it just a ball?

Absolutely. The ball can bounce in the dirt or even be rolled all the way to the plate and as long as the batter makes even a token attempt to elude it he is awarded 1st base if it hits him.

Thank you!

Which makes Escobar's at bat all the stranger.  The replay clearly showed the ball striking his pant leg of his lead foot, bouncing on the ground before caroming off his back leg, ricocheting further off the catcher Barrett's leg and away.  Escobar never asked for first, nobody on the Nats bench complained, and he ended up hitting the home run on a later pitch.

The ball arguably hit him twice, and he didn't get awarded first.

Offline spidernat

The Cubs are always a good draw plus the re-opening would mostly account for the good attendance, but does anyone think some of it may be attributed to the new owners taking over?

Offline spidernat

Like I said, he may have really felt like he could see and hit this pitcher well. Also, he couldn't run so he wanted to take advantage of his only appearance and opportunity to contribute. Also, what happened the other day may have been on his mind.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The Cubs are always a good draw plus the re-opening would mostly account for the good attendance, but does anyone think some of it may be attributed to the new owners taking over?

Nobody goes to see the owners, but the owners did a great job of getting the word out about the re-opening this weekend.  Somebody must be getting a little more media savvy.

They need a media relations person that can feed stories to reporters, wine and dine and schmooz them for positive press, and generally work their arses off to make some inroads into a Redskins fixated media market.

gozimm

Dorta got some good contact there

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Home just in time.   8)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I ain't goin front, I would luv to see Sori stay and compete a 40/40 season in DC.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Chicago 3
Washington 7

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Home just in time.   8)

How was Bailey's?

I thought about making a special guest appearance, but go busy doing stuff and then got lazy in front of the tube.

Offline spidernat

Quote from: "tomterp"

Nobody goes to see the owners, but the owners did a great job of getting the word out about the re-opening this weekend.  Somebody must be getting a little more media savvy.

They need a media relations person that can feed stories to reporters, wine and dine and schmooz them for positive press, and generally work their arses off to make some inroads into a Redskins fixated media market.

Agreed but I heard some people say that they refused to spend money as long as MLB was in charge.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Quote from: "tomterp"
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Home just in time.   8)

How was Bailey's?

I thought about making a special guest appearance, but go busy doing stuff and then got lazy in front of the tube.

Dead...think I'll stick to Glory Days and Hooters...with a slight preference to Hooters.  :wink:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I think Chad is trying for the "most consecutive 88 MPH fastballs" award.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
BANG!

....................................... ..............ZOOM!

NATIONALS

....................................... ...............WIN!!!

Willie Mays Hayes 00

GO NATS! Slightly creepin back, 42-56. Go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
All in all a good game, with exception of some (eh um) adventuresome base running, we got good pitching, timely hitting, good defense all in all a good win ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I swear, we must have the most productive pinch hitters in the league ... very clutch ...