Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2  (Read 29512 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2
« Reply #550: August 19, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »
I want to see Morse and and either Jorge Padilla or Willie Harris in the lineup tomorrow.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #551: August 19, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
that's what I can't stand the most. I yearn for a season in which we do not have to use bums like Jorge Sosa, Ron Villone, Ronnie Belliard, etc.

QFT.  :clap: :clap:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #552: August 19, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »
I don't really care Dukes lost the game he sucks, i hate him, end of story. oh yeah Balester sucks too. and Sosa. and Belliard. and everybody not named Strasburg, Flores, Zimmerman, Dunn, Willingham, and Lannan.

what has flores done?  certainly nothing this year.  i'm a fan of his, yes, but i still don't know the big hoopla over him - he hasn't stayed healthy.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #553: August 19, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »
what has flores done?  certainly nothing this year. 

Achieved the nickname, "The Nick Johnson of Catchers"?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #554: August 19, 2009, 10:30:13 PM »
I don't want that arrogant prick. He already thinks he's heading to the HOF. Who wants that?
Let me pose a hypothetical...

what if he is that good?  Do you still not want him?

Offline madj55

« Reply #555: August 19, 2009, 10:30:28 PM »
what has flores done?  certainly nothing this year.  i'm a fan of his, yes, but i still don't know the big hoopla over him - he hasn't stayed healthy.
I'm not saying he has done anything I'm just saying he doesn't suck.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #556: August 19, 2009, 10:31:23 PM »

If we cut Dukes loose, ok. I have a quota of one for drama queens on my baseball teams.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #557: August 19, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »

SF rant in 3...2...1

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #558: August 19, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »

I am interested to see how he does playing for the college team this season.

I'd probably prefer the top college bat unless Harper really impresses.

Offline madj55

« Reply #559: August 19, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »

If he's that good I'd want him but I just think he is an overhyped sophmore in high school. Dude says he wants to hit .430 in the majors and a 600 ft home run. I know every player wants to do that, but the way he said it kinda sounded like he actually thought he could do it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #560: August 19, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »
at least Riggleman just admitted that he is pollyannaish.

continues to suck off the team despite losing 2 straight games in embarrassing fashion at home.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #561: August 19, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »
Balester was just horrible tonite.

Offline madj55

« Reply #562: August 19, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »
If we cut Dukes loose, ok. I have a quota of one for drama queens on my baseball teams.
How is Dukes a drama queen? He hasn't done anything here to earn that name, all he's done is play stupid baseball and not think.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #563: August 19, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »

He's years away. He's only 16 and never faced ML pitching or used a wooden bat. What kind of pitching do you think he faces in high school? Wily Mo Pena could hit the ball 500 feet too.. He surely turned out well.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #564: August 19, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »

That kid won't be MLB ready for years (probably at least 5) and he may end up being a complete bust (and I don't mean the HOF bust he thinks he'll get).

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #565: August 19, 2009, 10:35:42 PM »
Dude says he wants to hit .430 in the majors and a 600 ft home run.

:lmao:  Dude you've fallen for the hype.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #566: August 19, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »
at least Riggleman just admitted that he is pollyannaish.

continues to suck off the team despite losing 2 straight games in embarrassing fashion at home.
Embarrasing fashion? They were 1 run games.. We out hit them in both. They are leading the race for the wild card, and sent their 2 best pitchers to the mound.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you at all.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #567: August 19, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »
How is Dukes a drama queen? He hasn't done anything here to earn that name, all he's done is play stupid baseball and not think.

Not paying child support for one. Less publicly there has been the obvious tension with Acta and comments from players which imply he's not the best teammate in the clubhouse. Find the junkies thread or some of the comments bashing Lastings where players slipped.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #568: August 19, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »
If he's that good I'd want him but I just think he is an overhyped sophmore in high school. Dude says he wants to hit .430 in the majors and a 600 ft home run. I know every player wants to do that, but the way he said it kinda sounded like he actually thought he could do it.
Well, if he did actually hit a 570 foot home run at age 16, 600 ft probably is within his range in the future. .430 may be a bit lofty, but I want confident players.  It's not arrogant if he actually can do it.  I don't want players who play hard but are mediocre.  I want players who want to be the best and know they are the best.  Arrogance be damned, but if the kid is as good as he says he is, I'll put up with his prima dona act.

Offline madj55

« Reply #569: August 19, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
:lmao:  Dude you've fallen for the hype.
No because I don't believe it, he said it in an E:60 interview.

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #570: August 19, 2009, 10:39:27 PM »

The kid has a serious attitude problem.  We all get that he wants to be the best, but there are ways to convey that without coming across as an arrogant prick and alienating potential teammates.  I know he's only 16, but he has a lot of growing up to do before he's ready for much of anything.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #571: August 19, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »
Embarrasing fashion? They were 1 run games.. We out hit them in both. They are leading the race for the wild card, and sent their 2 best pitchers to the mound.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you at all.
they were 1 run games. that's what makes it so embarrassing. outhitting doesn't count for jack crap. all that matters is runs scored.

we should have won both games but instead lost both. it would have been less embarrassing to lose both games 10-0.

I know they are leading the wild card race and how nice of us to roll over for them. We can't hang with the good teams.

It's so easy to see the difference between a contending team and a bullcrap last place team like ours'.

Marquis was off tonight. should have ran him out of the game early. too many crap ABs and unclutch innings.

we should have allowed a ton more runs but the Rockies couldn't come up with clutch hits tonight although they did smack a bunch of homers.

you can't afford to lose games like these. these are WINNABLE games. not every game is going to be on a silver platter like these.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #572: August 19, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »
He's years away. He's only 16 and never faced ML pitching or used a wooden bat. What kind of pitching do you think he faces in high school? Wily Mo Pena could hit the ball 500 feet too.. He surely turned out well.
Maybe.  I'm not saying I believe he is what he claims to be, I'm saying that if he is, he won't be years away and you will want him on your team.

Offline madj55

« Reply #573: August 19, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »
Well, if he did actually hit a 570 foot home run at age 16, 600 ft probably is within his range in the future. .430 may be a bit lofty, but I want confident players.  It's not arrogant if he actually can do it.  I don't want players who play hard but are mediocre.  I want players who want to be the best and know they are the best.  Arrogance be darned, but if the kid is as good as he says he is, I'll put up with his prima dona act.
I like confident players to don't get me wrong, but there is a way you can go about things without looking to cocky. I don't think he'll hit a 600 ft homerun, Adam Dunn hasn't so why can this guy plus an aluminum bat helped out the 570 ft shot.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #574: August 19, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »
I like confident players to don't get me wrong, but there is a way you can go about things without looking to lollipopy. I don't think he'll hit a 600 ft homerun, Adam Dunn hasn't so why can this guy plus an aluminum bat helped out the 570 ft shot.
I don't disagree, I'm just saying, if he is as good as he (and others claim him to be) he'll be worth the headache.  16 year old kids are cocky, he'll be humbled on his way up to the bigs...perhaps that will bring him back down to earth a big.