Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2  (Read 26789 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2
« Reply #25: August 19, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
Josh Bard 2009 OPS: .637
Wil Nieves 2009 OPS: .621

What do you mean to imply?  I'm only citing their numbers vs Marquis.  Yes I know it's a small sample, but I'm just griefing sportsfan for his irrational Bard-hate.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #26: August 19, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »

AlGo is playing a lot better lately. Looks rock solid defensively too which is important. Belliard is hacking for the fences with every swing and can't play a lick of defense.

AlGo is hitting .222/.217/.333 in August
Belly is hitting .371/.405/.657 in August.

Do you just make up everything in your head?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #27: August 19, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
What do you mean to imply?  I'm only citing their numbers vs Marquis.  Yes I know it's a small sample, but I'm just griefing sportsfan for his irrational Bard-hate.

I was agreeing that Bard is better than Nieves.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #28: August 19, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »
AlGo is hitting .222/.217/.333 in August
Belly is hitting .371/.405/.657 in August.

Do you just make up everything in your head?
by "lately" I meant over the last few games.

who gives a freak what Belliard's numbers are? he is a has-been hack who hurts us defensively and has hurt us all season at the plate except for this month. he won't be here next year so let's get a look at two guys who probably will (AlGo + Morse).

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #29: August 19, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »
Then why do you care what Bard's numbers are over the last month?

It only applies to him but not Belly?

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #30: August 19, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »
Roger Bernadina once had a 2 hit game. That didn't mean he was hitting well. That just meant he was a bad player who got lucky.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #31: August 19, 2009, 04:49:08 PM »
Bard is ice cold, 19 for his last 99 (.192) and his BA on the season is down to .232.

You mean just like "AlGo"? ;)

He is a steep downgrade behind the plate as well.

Dude, they both suck.

AlGo is playing a lot better lately. Looks rock solid defensively too which is important. Belliard is hacking for the fences with every swing and can't play a lick of defense.

Do I really need to show you their numbers for the last month?

I want to have a chance to win before the game starts. our chances are diminished with Belliard and Bard in the lineup.

Again, they all suck defensively and offensively with the small exception of Belliard's recent surge - take your blinders off.

I do agree with you though that if our middle of the order hits like crap again tonight we have no chance.

This is all that really matters.  If we're hinging the game on our 7-8 guys, we might as well give Morse a look and not worry about the outcome.

Marquis pitched 8 scoreless innings against us earlier in the season. We will likely see a repeat.

Wanna bet on it?

I expect Bally to get rocked too. hope not but we'll see.

I think he'll get a QS.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #32: August 19, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »
I don't know why this must be brought up every day.

Bard is a piece of trash and Nieves is a back-up catcher at best. so insignificant.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #33: August 19, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »
by "lately" I meant over the last few games whatever timeframe suits my argument.

who gives a freak what Belliard's AlGo's numbers are? he is a has-been never-was hack who hurts us defensively and has hurt us all season at the plate except for this month last night. he won't be here next year.

Fixed, fixed, and fixed.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #34: August 19, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »
Then why do you care what Bard's numbers are over the last month?

It only applies to him but not Belly?
how about what their numbers on the season are. Both Bard and Belliard had a hot month just like any player in baseball would over the course of a 162 game season. doesn't mean they are good or even average though. both are terrible players at this stage of their careers who will not be on the 2010 Washington Nationals roster.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #35: August 19, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
I don't know why this must be brought up every day.

Says the guy with 42-THOUSAND posts.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #36: August 19, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
how about what their numbers on the season are. Both Bard and Belliard had a hot month just like any player in baseball would over the course of a 162 game season. doesn't mean they are good or even average though. both are terrible players at this stage of their careers who will not be on the 2010 Washington Nationals roster.

Bard's numbers are better than Nieves over the course of the season, and career.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #37: August 19, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure our options at 2nd and catcher aren't very good, it's probably six of one, half a dozen of the other.  The circles are getting tiresome...  I was hoping to get a look at the guy we haven't seen yet to see if he is of the same caliber or not.  Didn't Riggleman have this guy in Seattle last year...maybe he knows something we don't.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #38: August 19, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
So SF, you wanna man up on your predictions?

Bard's numbers are better than Nieves over the course of the season, and career.

I don't even dislike Nieves, or either of them for that matter.  I just don't care that much any which way.  They are interchangeably mediocre-to-bad replacement-level players.  Mr 42k "why do we keep rehashing this?" is the one who wails when Nieves doesn't start.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #39: August 19, 2009, 04:58:40 PM »

Fixed, fixed, and fixed.
is that you hammonds? :lmao:

all i care about is what a player does for the Nats.

at least we can all agree that we badly miss the most important player to the success of the Nats:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #40: August 19, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
So SF, you wanna man up on your predictions?

no, I want CB to do well and I want the Nats to win.

however, how can you not think that Marquis is going to pwn us and Bally is not going to get rocked?

Bally has gotten battered around in his last two starts against poor offensive teams and tonight he goes up against one of the best.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #41: August 19, 2009, 05:00:44 PM »
is that you hammonds? :lmao:

Hilarious.  Too bad it's all true.

at least we can all agree that we badly miss the most important player to the success of the Nats:

If you look really closely, you can almost see SF swinging from Flores' nuts.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #42: August 19, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
no, I want CB to do well and I want the Nats to win.

however, how can you not think that Marquis is going to pwn us and Bally is not going to get rocked?

Remember that game we won against Lincecum?  Or the series we won against the Yankees?  That's why.  Baseball is played on the field, not on paper.  I just like throwing out numbers to poke holes in your ridiculous arguments :thumbs:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #43: August 19, 2009, 05:04:58 PM »
No it's not me, but a lot of these posts do look like my work :lmao:

I think I'm just tired of getting drawn into Nieves is the best backup catcher in baseball, Gonzalez is the answer at 2nd and Bernadina is a hall of fame centerfielder based on his pedestrian minor league numbers arguments. 

And yeah I would love if Flores could be the guy at catcher, but he isn't giving us Nats fans a lot of faith thanks to his inability to stay healthy.  The guy is still untested, I just hope he's the kind of player everyone makes him out to be.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #44: August 19, 2009, 05:08:10 PM »
No it's not me, but a lot of these posts do look like my work :lmao:

I think I'm just tired of getting drawn into Nieves is the best backup catcher in baseball, Gonzalez is the answer at 2nd and Bernadina is a hall of fame centerfielder based on his pedestrian minor league numbers arguments. 

And yeah I would love if Flores could be the guy at catcher, but he isn't giving us Nats fans a lot of faith thanks to his inability to stay healthy.  The guy is still untested, I just hope he's the kind of player everyone makes him out to be.
why do people twist my stances?

Nieves is a decent back-up catcher and nothing more. until we get someone better it is his job to lose.

Gonzalez is a back-up infielder on this team. Not a starter. He can do some things off the bench for us.

Bernadina has big league potential. I just hope he recovers from the injury and doesn't let it derail his career (See: Cory VanAllen).

Offline madj55

« Reply #45: August 19, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »
Big game for Zim tonight, and Dukes will steal a base.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #46: August 19, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »
Balester should get out of his skid tonight. He's been working on the 4 seam and maybe they won't have him throw it as much tonight. Bally should shake it off if it is called by Bard. Unless they want him to throw it to major League hitters so he can learn on the job for next year.  When he threw what he wanted to throw he had two,  7 pitch innings against the Reds.  At least that's what it looked like to me while I was at the game in Cincy.
11 of first 12 pitches to the first 2 batters 4 seam fastball.  2 walks.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #47: August 19, 2009, 07:10:31 PM »
:?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #48: August 19, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »
AAAA

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #49: August 19, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »
come on.

you cannot walk those guys in front of Helton, Tulo, and Hawpe.