Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Padres, Game 1 (L)  (Read 3873 times)

Willie Mays Hayes 00

I hope none of you blinked during that inning, because you would've missed the nats go down 1,2,3! I guess Cla's performance is better than his name. Zimm leads off in the bot 8th, so fingers are crossed.

Offline PC

I hate side-winding pitchers!  :evil:

Willie Mays Hayes 00

Get Gary M out there, he hasn't pitched in awhile. Rauch doesnt have his usual stuff. Top of the o coming up, so hopefully it stays a 1 run game!

Willie Mays Hayes 00

wow, didnt notice the passed ball on gameday. I guess this is the only time i would've wished Brian was playing!

Offline PC

Throw a damn strike, Stanton!

Willie Mays Hayes 00

please mike stanton, pull a Bill Bray!  :pray:

Offline PC

My life flew by before my eyes!  :shock:

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
wow what a good run down guys!

:-D

Offline rileyn

Phew.  Gotta score in the 8th before they bring Hoffman in to close.  Damn I wish Otiz's ball landed 2 inches to the right.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

Mike Cameron strikes out swinging and Josh Barfield caught stealing home, catcher Robert Fick to second baseman Jose Vidro to catcher Robert Fick to third baseman Ryan Zimmerman to first baseman Nick Johnson to shortstop Royce Clayton to third baseman Ryan Zimmerman.

GO NATS!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Pssh, Angel Hernandez.  That chUmp is always screwing us over on bad calls.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

GUILLEN MAKES ME  :x

Offline rileyn

Quote from: "The Chief"
Pssh, Angel Hernandez.  That chUmp is always screwing us over on bad calls.

I think he swung.  At least he didn't hit in DP.  By the way, somebody tell me why Guillen is even playing?  If his elbow is really hurt so bad that he can't throw, and he is hitting .210, what does he provide?   I would rather see Ward or Byrd in RF.

Offline The Chief

It's pretty embarassing that the "Chevy drive of the game" is almost always something that the OTHER team did :?

Offline PC

We're going to need a hero at the bottom of the batting order again.

Offline PC

Quote from: "PC"
We're going to need a hero at the bottom of the batting order again.

And we didn't get one.  :x

Offline The Chief

Stupid Khalil Greene doing his best Fairy Jeter impression.

Offline The Chief

pop fizzle we lose :(

That's 6 out of 7 times we've played the Pads and lost now.  Ugh.

Offline rileyn

We went meekly in the 7th, 8th, and 9th.  At least the next 2 games aren't on TV for me so I don't have to listen to Carpenter and Paciorek about how f'in great the Padres pitching is.  Gimme a break.  I think I'm going to the game Sunday anyways.

Offline rileyn

Quote from: "The Chief"
pop fizzle we lose :(

That's 6 out of 7 times we've played the Pads and lost now.  Ugh.

Don't remind me of the Khalil Greene grand slam last year in SD when we blew a 5 run 9th inning lead.   :evil:

Willie Mays Hayes 00

Nats go down without fight in the 9th, couldn't even manage to get a walk or a hit so sori could get an ab. I was hoping to end the 1st half of the season with a sweep of the Dads, o well! We lost the chance to gain some serious ground in the NL East, muts graves and philthies all were losers this evening!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Khalil Greene is the embodiment of pure evil.  I'll never forget that GS last year... :shock:

Well, maybe not evil...maybe just really fricking good.  His mid-air revolving throw to first was *almost* as good as Zimmy's routine dive/catch/hurl moves.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Balk
« Reply #47: July 08, 2006, 11:16:22 AM »
For those of you who watched the game on TV last night, I was at the game and didn't get to see any replays of the called balk on Ortiz early in the game, was it a legitimate balk? I actually thought he balked on the previous move but got away with it but I don't recall seeing anything odd about the one they actually called a balk a minute later. Any help?

Offline rileyn

Re: Balk
« Reply #48: July 08, 2006, 11:51:59 AM »
Quote from: "spidernat"
For those of you who watched the game on TV last night, I was at the game and didn't get to see any replays of the called balk on Ortiz early in the game, was it a legitimate balk? I actually thought he balked on the previous move but got away with it but I don't recall seeing anything odd about the one they actually called a balk a minute later. Any help?

TV showed nothing.  Announcers were clueless as to why it may have been called.  It's a mystery.