Author Topic: Nationals @ Yankees, Game 3  (Read 27434 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals @ Yankees, Game 3
« Reply #800: June 18, 2009, 11:30:45 PM »
The Nats had 3 of 5 web gems tonight on Baseball Tonight!

Austin Kearns throw out at 2nd #5, Anderson Hernandez diving catch #4, Willie Harris robbery #1! :clap:

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #801: June 18, 2009, 11:49:11 PM »
They showed the Willie Harris diving catch in the MLB Network premier plays

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #802: June 18, 2009, 11:51:40 PM »
Watching the rebroadcast and noticed Carpenter in the first inning saying that Belliard was going to start at 2B but was not feeling well. :roll: What was Manny thinking? Looks like he and the team dodged that one. Belly at 2B would have changed things quite a bit.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #803: June 18, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »
Watching the rebroadcast and noticed Carpenter in the first inning saying that Belliard was going to start at 2B but was not feeling well. :roll: What was Manny thinking? Looks like he and the team dodged that one. Belly at 2B would have changed things quite a bit.
Ugh, sucks if his job just got saved because of a fluke.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #804: June 18, 2009, 11:58:10 PM »
Hernandez is playing well. As far as I'm concerned Belliard shouldn't get any starts at all, not even on Sundays. Use him as a pinch hitter only.

Let's see what Anderson can do with a full season worth of ABs. He is playing real good defense lately and is hitting at a respectable clip.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #805: June 19, 2009, 12:51:20 AM »
Hernandez is playing well. As far as I'm concerned Belliard shouldn't get any starts at all, not even on Sundays. Use him as a pinch hitter only.

Let's see what Anderson can do with a full season worth of ABs. He is playing real good defense lately and is hitting at a respectable clip.

Absolutely. I still believe we need an upgrade their and wanted Hudson, but Hernandez is solid defensively and should at least be viewed as a quality reserve.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #806: June 19, 2009, 12:56:22 AM »
Absolutely. I still believe we need an upgrade their and wanted Hudson, but Hernandez is solid defensively and should at least be viewed as a quality reserve.

worst-case scenario is that he tops out at a real good defensive replacement with a decent bat and solid speed. not bad for a crappy Luis Ayala.

Offline Busta Mimes

• I'll Ram the hell out of you
« Reply #807: June 19, 2009, 01:56:46 AM »
yeah dibbs and carp touched on it tonight.  class act from a class organization.

I think it's the least they can do.  Especially in light of that incident last month where they declared the game rained-out, then played the game, not letting any fans who left back in.

Offline blue911

« Reply #808: June 19, 2009, 07:14:00 AM »

They should've fired Manny just for thinking about Belliard.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #809: June 19, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »
They should've fired Manny just for thinking about Belliard.

:shock: What, did he throw gum to Manny too?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #810: June 19, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »
Ahern looked great... i would love him to be an obp machine though

« Reply #811: June 19, 2009, 09:04:30 AM »
Wee Willie F'N Harris! Jesus that guy can make some plays!

Offline blue911

« Reply #812: June 19, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »
:shock: What, did he throw gum to Manny too?

Ronny's had a nice career, but it's time for him to retire. Prior to steroids, 34 was considered old by baseball standards.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #813: June 19, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
Ronny's had a nice career, but it's time for him to retire. Prior to steroids, 34 was considered old by baseball standards.

The team has no need of him at all. Harris, AH, AG can all play 2nd. Time to bring up Desmond and put him to the test.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #814: June 19, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »
 :clap:

I haven't been posting that much but these last couple games have been fun. Last night I actually watched a good baseball team that did the little things right. Wow.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #815: June 19, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »
I can tell you the NY radio guy and gal are extremely complementary to the Nats right now.  They have applauded our young starters, and have noted every excellent defensive play over the last two games.  John Sterling in particular gushed effusively over WIllie Harris' catch, saying it was one of the greatest catches he'd seen.

When you remove all of the ancillary bullcrap from his broadcast, John Sterling actually calls a really good game.  Suzyn Walsman, on the other hand, needs to go away.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #816: June 19, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
When you remove all of the ancillary bullcrap from his broadcast, John Sterling actually calls a really good game.  Suzyn Walsman, on the other hand, needs to go away.

sterling is the man.  i like slowes better, but he's one of the better PBP radio guys out there.  Walsman is nuts.

Offline blue911

« Reply #817: June 19, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »

Best description of Waldman was "A rat on crack".

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #818: June 19, 2009, 01:11:52 PM »
hahahaha francesca isn't give our club that much love today, he's reeming the yanks for almost getting swept by the nats (says if dukes catches one of those flyballs we sweep them).  says stammen is nothing (he saw the game vs. mets previous week) and the yankees hitters were swinging first pitch everything.  much different tone from him today, where yesterday he was :az: over lannan.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #819: June 19, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »

Agreed.  Her voice was like fingers on a chalkboard to me, and she was faux knowledgable at best.  She had me missing Debbie!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #820: June 19, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
hahahaha francesca isn't give our club that much love today, he's reeming the yanks for almost getting swept by the nats (says if dukes catches one of those flyballs we sweep them).  says stammen is nothing (he saw the game vs. mets previous week) and the yankees hitters were swinging first pitch everything.  much different tone from him today, where yesterday he was :az: over lannan.

Got a link?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #822: June 19, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
Agreed.  Her voice was like fingers on a chalkboard to me, and she was faux knowledgable at best.  She had me missing Debbie!

:shock:

That's bad....

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #823: June 19, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »

That bad!  :shock:

Looks like Frau Mau beat me to it.  :?   :lol:

:shock:

That's bad....

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #824: June 19, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
When you remove all of the ancillary bullcrap from his broadcast, Brian Schneider John Sterling actually calls a darn really good game.  Suzyn Walsman, on the other hand, needs to go away.

:lol: