Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Blue Jays, Game 2 (L)  (Read 4075 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Congrats gentlemen, there goes the ballgame.

Offline Dave B

Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "Dave B"
So you've never seen the NFL draft?

I haven't missed an NHL draft in ages, probably at least 30 years, plus. This is my first NBA draft... I'm not a big NBA fan, I'm a hockey and baseball fan first.

Yes, but I asked about NFL football. BTW, what do you think about the Swedish kid the Caps took.  Never heard much about him leading up to the draft. Seems like a more sure thing than the others with a less high ceiling

Offline Dave B

Guillen you slut

Offline Dave B

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Offline nats2playoffs

Hill is shelled in front of his entire family...Pulling him would have been worse...
Nationals 0
Blue Jays 4

Byrd swings at junk to leave 2 more on base...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Yes, but I asked about NFL football. BTW, what do you think about the Swedish kid the Caps took.  Never heard much about him leading up to the draft. Seems like a more sure thing than the others with a less high ceiling

I've only ever watched 2 NFL drafts, and that was years ago, and both times, I cant remember squat, because I was a wee bit on the tanked side... HIC

Backstrom is a natural play making center, just what Ovechkin needs. He has deceptive speed and doesn't disappear if the game gets physical. I expect Backstrom to be one of the top three ROY candidates in the NHL next season, with Jordan Staal possibly being (IMO) the front runner, because he'll be in Pittsburgh. But Both Staal and Backstrom will both get plenty of chances to put points on the board. It could be a close race for ROY again this year.

Offline nats2playoffs

Lord William Michael Stanton delivers service on the mound, now tied for 2nd in career game appearances...

Offline The Chief

Wow looks like we're gonna get shut out two nights in a row...  great :roll:

Offline Dave B

I've only ever watched 2 NFL drafts, and that was years ago, and both times, I cant remember squat, because I was a wee bit on the tanked side... HIC

Backstrom is a natural play making center, just what Ovechkin needs. He has deceptive speed and doesn't disappear if the game gets physical. I expect Backstrom to be one of the top three ROY candidates in the NHL next season, with Jordan Staal possibly being (IMO) the front runner, because he'll be in Pittsburgh. But Both Staal and Backstrom will both get plenty of chances to put points on the board. It could be a close race for ROY again this year.

Well the NFL draft is torture. Like I said 15 minutes per pick.  I dont watch it.  Really shouldnt be televised beyond the first round.  But what else would ESPN have to incorrectly over analyze.  You mentioned they suck in another thread and they do.  I cant watch sportscenter anymore.  PTIO is the only thing worth watching and not for sports info purposes, moreso for entertainment

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Man, I'm no major basketball fan, but right now I'd rather continue watching the NBA Draft than the Nats/Jays game...

Offline nats2playoffs

Nationals 0
Blue Jays 6

The Passion of the Mike, Part II - 2 more nails...

Offline The Chief

WE SUCK WE REALLY REALLY SUCK!!!

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

Offline UMDNats

So you've never seen the NFL draft?

I haven't missed an NHL draft in ages, probably at least 30 years, plus. This is my first NBA draft... I'm not a big NBA fan, I'm a hockey and baseball fan first.

Don't even get me started on Backstrom. As you presumably know, I'm a huge Caps fan (my previous avatar was Caps defenseman Shaone Morrisonn). Backstrom is a stud. People compare him to Peter Forsberg and the kid is a great set-up man, exactly what AO needed.

I see the Nats are getting killed, again. geez. BTW, anyone know who is pitching friday? I'm assuming Big Mike.

Offline nats2playoffs

7th inning stretch...The radio broadcast is within good earshot of the crowd.  I heard someone yell, "YOU STUPID IDIOT" and just heard an ice cream vendor pushing his wares...

Offline nats2playoffs

Zim hits in Vidro for our first score in 17 innings!
Nationals 1
Blue Jays 6

Hill is begging his teammates to score 3 more, so he won't be the losing pitcher in front of his entire family.
His grandmother is yelling, "Make sure they pay you in American dollars!  Er, um... Go Blue Jays!"

Thomas

You know, regarding tonight's loss... you'd think, at some point, self-respect might kick in...