Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1 (L)  (Read 9149 times)

Thomas

I agree. It's almost humiliating, in some way.

Offline rileyn

Quote from: "Thomas"
I'd like to hear what Frank Robinson has to say post-game.

I think he was dumb for batting Anderson 4th as a DH, but what can he do?  These guys don't execute.  I think they lack focus.  It sure would have been nice to Johnson against the AL teams so  that he be our DH, but he apparently had to twist for a ball (God forbid) and got hurt again.

I'm bitter.

Offline rileyn

We went from hottest team in baseball to losers of 9 out of 11.  WTF?

Offline PC

Quote from: "rileyn"

I think he was dumb for batting Anderson 4th as a DH, but what can he do?  These guys don't execute.  I think they lack focus.  It sure would have been nice to Johnson against the AL teams so  that he be our DH, but he apparently had to twist for a ball (God forbid) and got hurt again.

I'm bitter.

I'd like the explanation for not trying to bunt to advance runners!  Every at-bat was like the bases were empty.

Offline rileyn

Quote from: "PC"

I'm bitter.

I'd like the explaination for not trying to bunt to advance runners!  Every at-bat was like the bases were empty.

True.  Still, take away Claytons error and get somebody to hit a fly ball when neccessary and we would have won the game.

Offline nats2playoffs

Somebody would have to wake him up first...Kenz aFan was his harshest critic when we lead the NL-East last year.  Much of what Kenz had observed in Montreal accurately described his shortcomings.

Hey, they just ran a TV commercial for Glory Days Grill - I wrote to their headquarters and suggested to the bosses that it probably wouldn't cost much.  They air Nationals games on DirecTV, so I told them they needed to let fans know that.  They are all over the DC area; lots of restaurants to visit.  They ordered the Germantown MD manager to TURN ON THE NATS GAME for us.

Offline PC

Quote from: "PC"
I'd like the explaination for not trying to bunt to advance runners!  Every at-bat was like the bases were empty.

True.  Still, take away Claytons error and get somebody to hit a fly ball when neccessary and we would have won the game.

I'm not a Hall of Famer but I think when you have two leadoff doubles, you should score, at least, two runs.

But that's just me.  :|