Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Yankees, Game 3 (Curly W)  (Read 8666 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

There we go, after Friday I was almost certain the Yankees would sweep us, and especially after we were down 9-2 and today 2-1 with 1 out in the 9th GOD WHAT AN AMAZING SERIES and did u see the Nats celebrate in the end, it was beautiful!!!

Offline UMDNats

Majewski should buy Ryan dinner and a beer for saving his ass.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "The Chief"
[Not to jinx the bats, but it's pretty easy to call 2 runs when that's all you need to win it ;)

We could have won by more, but yeah, I wondered if anybody'd call me on it.  But Metssucks taught us all that "asking for a hero" works too.

Nats19:Majewski should buy Ryan dinner and a beer for saving his ass.
Yeah, and now Majewski's the WINNING PITCHER, OVER WANG! LOL!
WANG DID pitch a COMPLETE GAME, but he was OUT OF GAS when
NATS19'S ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, ZIMMERMAN CAME TO BAT!!!

Ryan Zimmerman

PWNED BY MY BOY ZIMMY!!!!

Nice game.

:D

Offline nats2playoffs

Vote 25 times to get Soriano and Zimmerman in the all star game.

Go to the MONSTER On-Line Ballot at:
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=was[/size]

Offline UMDNats

I continue my campaign for Zimmerman over Fielder for ROY. Zimmerman is such a beast.

Offline Jayman77

Holy hell, I know I'm really late with this post, but maybe I should go to the neighborhood pool every time the Nats play now!  I was there again and had gotten out of the water to listen to the last few innings.  I was pretty downtrodden to hear the Yanks take the lead, but after what happened yesterday and the fact that they were leaving Wang in to pitch the ninth, I had a feeling the Nats were going to find a way.  I cheered so loud when Zimmerman hit it out of the park that practically all of the people at the pool turned around in bewilderment.  Way to go, Nats!

And eat it and eat it good, CHOKE-ees.  You and your fans can go back home and stew on this for a good while.

Offline PC

Quote from: "Nats19"
I continue my campaign for Zimmerman over Fielder for ROY. Zimmerman is such a beast.

Don't forget about Dan Uggla from the Marlins.

Offline UMDNats

Quote from: "PC"
Quote from: "Nats19"

Don't forget about Dan Uggla from the Marlins.

Good point. I had forgot about him. He's got 12 HR's and 42 RBI's, Zimmerman has 10 HR's and 46 RBIs, with Uggla with the higher average.
Zimmerman has 20 doubles, tho, and Uggla has 11.

It's all pretty even between the 3, i guess. We'll see how everyone ends up.