Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 4 (L)  (Read 3405 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

I would be interested in knowing how long ago they made the schedule.  Remember, MLB talked seriously about contraction - eliminating the Expos as a team.  Look at the Rockies BA's though, 5 hitting over.300 and 4 batting .250 or better.  That team has now moved over .500 and they came to play.

Offline PC

LeCroy works a walk for the 3rd game in this series.

Offline PC

I have to resurrect the days off idea from the Yankees that I added to my previous post, to further make the point.  I went back further to see if, perhaps, the Yankees didn't have very many days off, early in the season, as a reason why they've seen to have more games off, recently, than the Nationals.

As it turns out, the Yankees have had a hell of a lot of days off, throughout this season and, generally, well timed days off.  Yankees days off:

April 6th
April 10th
April 17th
April 20th
April 24th
May 2nd (rain out)
May 8th
May 25th
June 7th (rain out)
June 12th
June 22nd - right after they make that long, arduous trip to Philadelpia :roll:

Nationals days off:

April 4th
April 17th
April 22nd (rain out)
May 8th
May 15th
June 1st
June 22nd

And let's not forget how often the Nationals played on the road in the first third of the season, the most road games of any team in baseball.

Offline nats2playoffs

Rockies SWEEP the 4-game series and here come the Damn Yankees, followed by travelling to Boston.  When do the Lerners take over?  Soriano is doing a good job of lowering his market value.  Please resign Frank and re-sign Soriano cheap.
Colorado 8
Nationals Disgrace 1