Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 13128 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Livan Hernandez, RHP (4-5, 5.10)
Hernandez will face the Braves for the 23rd time in his career. He is 2-14 with a 5.05 ERA against them. In his last start, Hernandez pitched seven innings and gave up two runs on five hits against the Phillies. The performance gave indication that Hernandez's right knee, which was surgically repaired this offseason, is no longer a problem.

VS.

Tim Hudson, RHP (5-3, 3.99)
Hudson had his sinker and split-finger fastball working effectively again in his last start as he picked up his fifth win of the season. The right-hander induced 11 groundball outs and recorded seven strikeouts as the Dodgers constantly seemed late catching up to his pitches. For the fourth time in his last five starts, Hudson limited his opponents to two runs or less. He is 1-0 with a 1.23 ERA in three career starts against Washington.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I won't be around for most of this game as I'm driving back home from visiting family tonight, so have fun guys.  Go Nats! :D

Offline PC

Will Vidro prove the doubters wrong and get a hit when it actually matters.  Will he drive in a run?

Online metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I was hoping this game would be on TBS, but I guess not..

Offline PC

Where is Ryan Zimmerman?

Offline sportsfan882

He is listed as day to day with back spasms.  I figured he would play tonight though.

Online metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Double play!!!!

Offline sportsfan882

Nice play Royce!

Offline PC

Livan is the best hitter in the bottom half of our order and that is kind of scary!

Online metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "PC"
Livan is the best hitter in the bottom half of our order and that is kind of scary!

Don't overexaggerate!?!? Schneider and Jackson are better hitters.

Offline PC

Quote from: "metssuck"

It might be an exaggeration but not an overexaggeration.  They're hitting isn't consistent enough for it to be an overexaggeration.

Online metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "metssuck"

Okay maybe i was wrong.

Offline sportsfan882

Damian Jackson didn't swing at the pitches down the middle but he struck out swinging on a pitch in the dirt.

Offline PC

The irony.  The irony!!!  :lol:

Online nats2playoffs

Livan is now hitting .286.  
Sor leaves 2 on.  RATS!

Offline sportsfan882

I thought that one was gone, but it was way short..  We haven't scored any runs yet but atleast we are making Hudson throw alot of pitches (43 thru 2inn).

Offline sportsfan882

Man, Livan doesn't look good tonight.  He has given up a bunch of hard hits so far.

Offline KyleScha

What is Livans problem against the braves? Hes just not throwing strikes right now, but when he does they are hit.

Online metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Out at the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sportsfan882

Good job Livo and Schneider

Online nats2playoffs

Livan sounds like he's pitching like the beginning of the season.
Suicide squeeze two plays in a row fails.  Short toss gets him out.

I could have gone to Hooters to watch this game...

Offline KyleScha

Uh oh vidro on with a runner on first....

oh, he pops it up on the first pitch instead...so clutch!

Offline sportsfan882

boo vidro.. he might as well have bunted

Online nats2playoffs

In 17 steal attempts this was only the 2nd time anyone got caught by this catcher.

Offline KyleScha

Well hudsons pitch count is almost at 60 now, so that is the good news I guess, although hopefully we will get a little rally going.