Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1  (Read 37397 times)

Offline blue911

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #625: April 13, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »
We need to look at that chart that says Ibanez has less range than Dunn.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #626: April 13, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »
0-21 is well within reach.

Only 14 to go! Maybe ESPN will do a feature on us and garner sympathy from around the country.

« Reply #627: April 13, 2009, 07:27:25 PM »
Flores freaking blows

What an overrated hack

Goes up there and swings at anything

Nice name change. :lol:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #628: April 13, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
:rofl: I couldn't keep the Acta thing.  It just looked weird considering how much I bash his dumb moves in these GD threads.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #629: April 13, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
One of our "fans" is bound to take a literary swipe at us sooner or later if we keep up this pace :?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #630: April 13, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »
Guzman has the highest BA in the NL now.

He's playing out of his mind. Guzman, Dunn, Beimel, NJ, even the Crab need to sit the guys down and chew them the hell out. The Crab pitched fine for a fifth starter, and he got pooped on.

It's like 2 teams on the same field at the same time. How can some guys play out of their mind and other be so so awful.

I think Lannan's next start is important. I think Olsen may not be long for this team. Balester, Zim-uh-nah-nen, hell Craig Stammen even are banging on the door. The Crab is our best pitcher guys. Think about that.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #631: April 13, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »
I dog him because he earned it.  Four outs on 9 pitches, stranded four, and didn't even do so much as advance a runner.  And it's not like you can say he called a great game or anything.  Seriously, why shouldn't I dog him?  Zimmerman was even worse.  He saw 9 pitches in FIVE ABs.  Sure the last one worked out, but neither he nor Flores are ever going to contribute anything meaningful if they go up there hacking at everything.  8 outs on 16 pitches (stranding 8 I might add) is absolutely unacceptable from two of the guys who are supposed to be cornerstones of the team.

Any day that I can legitimately say that --I-- could have done as much as someone in our lineup, there is a problem.
freaking bullcrap. Prior to this game he had been one of our best offensive players.

I'm no longer going to criticize any of the hitters, not even Mills and Dunn. It's all on the pitching and Acta.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #632: April 13, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »
He's playing out of his mind. Guzman, Dunn, Beimel, NJ, even the Crab need to sit the guys down and chew them the hell out. The Crab pitched fine for a fifth starter, and he got pooped on.

It's like 2 teams on the same field at the same time. How can some guys play out of their mind and other be so so awful.

I think Lannan's next start is important. I think Olsen may not be long for this team. Balester, Zim-uh-nah-nen, hell Craig Stammen even are banging on the door. The Crab is our best pitcher guys. Think about that.
I still have hope for Martis.  Let's see if he pisses it away on Wednesday.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #633: April 13, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
freaking bullcrap. Prior to this game he had been one of our best offensive players.

I'm no longer going to criticize any of the hitters, not even Mills and Dunn. It's all on the pitching and Acta.

If you criticize Dunn, you are an idiot. He's been more productive than Guzman. You mean Kearns I assume.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #634: April 13, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »
great nats crowd today ... i was surprised ... being 0-7 is the worst thing in life it's terrible. 

our owner is the worst in sports (hands down), our crappy manager needs a wake up call and our 25-man roster needs to appreciate playing in our nice ballpark and having a job in this crummy division. 

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #635: April 13, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »
great nats crowd today ... i was surprised ... being 0-7 is the worst thing in life it's terrible. 

our owner is the worst in sports (hands down), our crappy manager needs a wake up call and our 25-man roster needs to appreciate playing in our nice ballpark and having a job in this crummy division. 
I wasn't aware that Peter Angelos bought the Nats.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #636: April 13, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »
I still have hope for Martis.  Let's see if he pisses it away on Wednesday.

Martis has options. I'd be glad if he's good enough to stick around. Lannan has looked LOST. Totally lost. Olsen looks like he belongs on the Long Island Ducks. We may have to cut him.

At this point, the Crab is the fixture. Face it, everyone.

It's Balester time and the question is who goes.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #637: April 13, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »

I'm not laying this loss is on him, it's definitely on Acta and the pitchers/defense, but you can't deny that both he and RZ's lack of patience have cost us several times during this skid.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #638: April 13, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
Martis has options. I'd be glad if he's good enough to stick around. Lannan has looked LOST. Totally lost. Olsen looks like he belongs on the Long Island Ducks. We may have to cut him.

I'm going to vomit.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #639: April 13, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »
The Crab did really well today, for all the crap hes been given, he did well, for Crabs standards. Only problem I saw today was his inability to throw it over the plate to Coste and Moyer.

Besides that, he was pretty damn good getting the best players to ground out and even K.

This team is a ticking timebomb... well they already exploded

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #640: April 13, 2009, 07:36:02 PM »
The Crab did really well today

Is your last name Acta?

« Reply #641: April 13, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »
I'm going to vomit.

Have you drunk more than me already?!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #642: April 13, 2009, 07:38:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Is your last name Acta?

Maybe, but I ended the same sentence with "for the Crabs standards". Which is alright, okay, mediocre, fill in other synonyms here

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #643: April 13, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
Have you drunk more than me already?!
No, but I need to. >:(

Know a place with really cheap bourbon?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #644: April 13, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »

Dunn is okay although he chokes in the clutch. His D is absolutely awful. I'm not going to bang on him though because this losing his not his fault.

D-crab does not look good. I'm on my phone so I'll save my expansive thoughts on the game until I get home.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #645: April 13, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
oh my god ... how the freak was today's daniel cabrera's fault?  he gave up one freaking earned run.

in the 2nd inning they led off with a ground ball right at guzman.  error.  then to hernandez - groundball a double play ball - oh error.  he should've had a strike out on a 3-2 count that was called a ball and walked home a run - there was a phillies fan out in dead center - that told me that was one of the worst calls he'd ever seen (that it should've been a strike). 

he gave up a terrible bomb to victorino and left up a pitch high in the zone for rollins to hit to make it 4-2 (again 1 earned run), but other than that he had the best starting pitching performance that we've had this year (and i know it's not saying much, but still d-cab is the last of our problems).

« Reply #646: April 13, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »
So has Manny opened his yap yet? Or is he spanking the players with a spatula?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #647: April 13, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
So has Manny opened his yap yet? Or is he spanking the players with a spatula?

Id like to know as well.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #648: April 13, 2009, 10:45:09 PM »
tomterp I think I saw you today. Were you standing at the top of like section 112 during the bottom of the 9th?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #649: April 13, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
RZ's thoughts on the slow start to the season (video): http://masnsports.com/2009/04/zimmermans-off-to-a-slow-start.html

Dukes' post-game comments (video): http://masnsports.com/2009/04/dukes-deserves-to-start.html

Pete McElroy at the MASN blog is really on the ball posting the daily videos of post-game interviews with players and coaches.