Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 49167 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #800: April 06, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »
Fixed 8)

Dunn WAS a beast today.

Actually, our offense had a pretty good day, and against a good pitcher in Nolasco, no less.  I'm very satisfied with that aspect.

This better be a MAJOR anomaly for our pitching, though.  Not so much in the scoreboard (although I don't want a 12 showing up again), but their whole approach.  The nibbling, the homers, etc.

And Manny-ger manny-ged this game like crap.  Shell is historically bad when he doesn't start innings, so why not just start him in the 6th?  He didn't want to use Rivera/Beimel/Hans for the rest of the game, which means he was already conceding when we were down 8-5 in the 6th.  wussy.
Dunn was as much to blame as anybody. his blunders in the outfield put us in the hole from the start.

MrMadison

« Reply #801: April 06, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
so whats the scorecard on Manny's Favorites? Kearns had a rbi, right? tavarez got rocked, and what did The Anointed One do?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #802: April 06, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
"our Ford drive of the game". Wow, a bankrupt carmaker propping up a bankrupt team.  :hang:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #803: April 06, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
No, no more excuses. This team, the players, sucked big time today. No excuses for what happened.
Lannan was awful but the defense was awful. When is Anderson Hernandez coming back?! Belliard is grotesque.

I wish we still had EB. What a beast.

Offline mbeane19

• I reserve the right to be wrong, always.
« Reply #804: April 06, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
No, no more excuses. This team, the players, sucked big time today. No excuses for what happened.

So I can't use Jimbo as an excuse? I was hoping that would at least get me through April...

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #805: April 06, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »
Dunn was as much to blame as anybody. his blunders in the outfield put us in the hole from the start.
:rofl: Of course!  It can't be Lannan's fault.  I forgot that Lannan/Flores/Zimmerman are NEVER in the wrong.
so whats the scorecard on Manny's Favorites? Kearns had a rbi, right? tavarez got rocked, and what did The Anointed One do?
You mean Lastings "0-for-4 with a fielding blunder" Milledge?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #806: April 06, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »
Milledge has to go. I nearly punched a hole in the wall when he swung at the first freaking pitch of the game. jesus christ.

His defense in the outfield today was also impressive.

« Reply #807: April 06, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »
So I can't use Jimbo as an excuse? I was hoping that would at least get me through April...

It's time for tough love. :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #808: April 06, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »
Changing Managers often doesn't change anything.   Like the Skins, then you have to get used to a new system.  It could mess stuff up even more.

Gad, this may be the last time I go to a game day thread.  1 Game in and already you want to fire the manager, fire the pitching coach, and let go our 3rd basemen.

Geez Peez Louise!   :shock: >:(

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #809: April 06, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »
nothing to say other than THAT WAS BRUTAL.

« Reply #810: April 06, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
Three run homers are so awesome-- when you're not getting blown out by 12 runs.

Offline mbeane19

• I reserve the right to be wrong, always.
« Reply #811: April 06, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »

Offline DieselTurtle

• All 600 Pounds
« Reply #812: April 06, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »
That was some at bat by your boy-love. Wow. Are there more where that came from?
Where the freak does this boy-love bullcrap come from? All I've said all along is that you put the players who give you the best chance to win on the field. If Willingham + Dukes > Milledge + Kearns, you put them on the field. I like Dukes, but if we have someone who gives us a better chance to win on the team, I want him on the field. Grow up. Stop spitting out the same nonsense anytime anyone brings up a point to argue.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #813: April 06, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
So what is St. Claire's excuse? We blew ass last year against the Marlins hitters and this year looks like more of the same. Why are we the only team that can't get their freaking hitters out?!!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #814: April 06, 2009, 07:21:29 PM »
Dukes definitely needs to work with a hitting coach. He looked REALLY off.

MrMadison

« Reply #815: April 06, 2009, 07:21:34 PM »
dunn provided nearly ALL of the teams offense. we know he is bad on defense. we didnt sign him for his glove.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #816: April 06, 2009, 07:21:58 PM »
milledge wasn't good at the plate but good god ... we get complaints when he's playing deep, now people are complaining he's playing too shallow.  he was placed there b/c the book on bonafacio is he's a slap hitter, well tavarez left a freakin meatball over the plate and milledge didn't get to it.  he's not a great defensive centerfielder we know this, but we can't put the blame on him for every ball he can't get too.  he should have a short leash, that's for sure.  but it's not like duKes has been hot recently either.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #817: April 06, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »
Dukes definitely needs to work with a hitting coach. He looked REALLY off.
He hasn't made contact in weeks. literally.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #818: April 06, 2009, 07:22:31 PM »
So what is St. Claire's excuse? We blew ass last year against the Marlins hitters and this year looks like more of the same. Why are we the only team that can't get their freaking hitters out?!!

Their offense started to turn it on at the end of ST. It's not very surprising to see them tag our pitchers.

MrMadison

« Reply #819: April 06, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »
and when is sportsfan going to rip zimmerman the way he wants to rip dunn? didnt zimmerman have a crappy defensive day?

« Reply #820: April 06, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »
Where the freak does this boy-love bullcrap come from? All I've said all along is that you put the players who give you the best chance to win on the field. If Willingham + Dukes > Milledge + Kearns, you put them on the field. I like Dukes, but if we have someone who gives us a better chance to win on the team, I want him on the field. Grow up. Stop spitting out the same nonsense anytime anyone brings up a point to argue.

So your saying that a guy who was hitting close to .200 and had a team leading 22 strikeouts was going to give this team a better chance to win? Get out of town with that crap! :lol:

« Reply #821: April 06, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »
He hasn't made contact in weeks. literally.

And what did he do? Swung at the first freaking pitch. Foul, strike one, down hill from there. Milledge and him must come from the same school of hitting or something.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #822: April 06, 2009, 07:23:45 PM »
Changing Managers often doesn't change anything.   Like the Skins, then you have to get used to a new system.  It could mess stuff up even more.
The Skins don't suck because they change coaches too much.  They lose because they don't build their teams properly, from top to bottom.

Firing Acta is certainly not going to hurt this team too much.  Let him go if he can't turn this team around this year.  There's no excuse to do poorly this year and suck against the Marlins again.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #823: April 06, 2009, 07:23:45 PM »
everybody take a deep breath and realize that ... the great thing about baseball is that for 161 games, there is always a tomorrow!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #824: April 06, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »
Their offense started to turn it on at the end of ST. It's not very surprising to see them tag our pitchers.
They don't tag other teams pitchers like they do ours'. St. Claire is an abomination of a pitching coach.

Just ask NatsAddict.

Hanley Ramirez freaking ownsssssssssssssss us