Author Topic: For All The Irish (Spirited) Nats, Caps, and Skin Fans  (Read 2739 times)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/03/caps_skins_nats_go_green.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

That's a nice Caps shirt. I really like it actually.

There is actually a "Green" Nats shirt currently on sale at Space Coast in Viera which is tan with a giant green Curly W on the front. The shirt is made of 100% Organic cotton.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

There is actually a "Green" Nats shirt currently on sale at Space Coast in Viera which is tan with a giant green Curly W on the front. The shirt is made of 100% Organic cotton.

I WANT THIS.

I WANT THIS.

I actually purchased it. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it up sometime today.

EDIT: Okay, here you go:

Yeah, I agree with the Bog. If there is ANY team that should be taking advantage of their "Green" status, it's the Nats. If you go on the Nationals Park tour you learn some insane things they did to save energy, including all beer that is on tap at Nats Park is all filtered from one cooler location that isn't refrigerated but air cooled to frosty deliciousness.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Very cool!

Absolutely f'n wicked!

NHL.com Shop has a bunch of awesome stuff!

Offline HalfSmokes

I actually purchased it. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it up sometime today.

EDIT: Okay, here you go:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, I agree with the Bog. If there is ANY team that should be taking advantage of their "Green" status, it's the Nats. If you go on the Nationals Park tour you learn some insane things they did to save energy, including all beer that is on tap at Nats Park is all filtered from one cooler location that isn't refrigerated but air cooled to frosty deliciousness.

the funny thing is majestic.com doesn't sell it. our mlb.com store really sucks, nothing for st. paddy's day

Space Coast also St. Patrick's Day Nats hats. Green with White Curly W and a clover just to the left of it.

Space Coast really sells the junk considering the Nats are down there for St. Patties.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Absolutely f'n wicked!

Looks too much like an Eagles jersey.

Looks too much like an Eagles jersey.

Screw that. Ovie is taking the Green back! :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I've seen on the Caps Website Shop, the same kind as the Ovechkin, with "Green" on the back for Mike Green.  I'm thinking of getting that one to make people think twice when they see it!   :D

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
On  the green topic, the Pogues are playing three consecutive nights here in D.C. starting next Monday, and including St. Paddy's Day (I believe the first time they have played a U.S. gig on that date outside of NYC).  And yes, I hear it on good authourity that Shane MacGowan is indeed alive, and not just propped up there full of embalming fluid (unless you count Bushmills). 

Screw that. Ovie is taking the Green back! :lol:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
damn those shirts all are awesome

Offline Obed_Marsh

Absolutely f'n wicked!

Where is this shirt? I looked at NHL shop in the mens section for the Capitols and it was not there. I want one.

Where is this shirt? I looked at NHL shop in the mens section for the Capitols and it was not there. I want one.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3464480&cp=3459152&clickid=body_bestsell_img

Offline doubler

I am digging the Caps and Nats shirts...not digging the Skins one, of course I am a Ravens fan so that may be why =)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
It's all crap.  Because "IF IT'S NOT SCOTTISH, IT'S CRAP!"

Offline HalfSmokes

I always thought syracuse ND would have been a great rivalry

Offline CALSGR8

Do you live close enough to go to the Kettler Ice Arena on the roof of Ballston Mall.  I went to their website the other day and they said they had them in.  You can't buy them from the site but you can go there and buy them.

Offline CALSGR8

No Irish coffee, No Green Beer, No corned beef, and no Snakes in Ireland.

However I do like Scotch Plaids, Rod Stewart, and Scottish cookies.

They both look like huge beautiful countries!

Offline Dave B

Absolutely f'n wicked!

they should have made it "O'Vechkin"

Offline Dave B

while on the topic of st. pats, laurel park is having a fest on saturday. should be decent weather. horse racing. guinness, irish music. what more could i want? well, since i ask...a metro stop, but whatever its a stright shot up BW Pkwy and route 100 something. hardly any turns. i could do that crap four sheets to the wind. note: that's a joke. perhaps a sensitive area but whatever, i'm slightly buzzed now and my tongue is loose. i'm just waiting for my professor to cold call on me so i can tell him f off, but probably wont. seems like a good idea though

while on the topic of st. pats, laurel park is having a fest on saturday. should be decent weather. horse racing. guinness, irish music. what more could i want? well, since i ask...a metro stop, but whatever its a stright shot up BW Pkwy and route 100 something. hardly any turns. i could do that crap four sheets to the wind. note: that's a joke. perhaps a sensitive area but whatever, i'm slightly buzzed now and my tongue is loose. i'm just waiting for my professor to cold call on me so i can tell him f off, but probably wont. seems like a good idea though

freak yeah, Dave! I'm totally buzzed out and watching HOward the Duckk. Grab a bnuch of Irish Hooligans and put a piep to his knees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I aws in DC for that Shamrock Fest.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Anybody going to Shamrockfest? I'll be there grabbing that free beer in the VIP area and catching shows. Happy to grab a beer with folks here I chat with if you are going. Just PM me. I've give you my cell so you can SMS.

Anybody ever been in Sacramento, CA for St. Patricks day? If so, tips or suggestions are welcome.

Offline Dave B

Shamrockfest is the one and only thing that was better in Virginia.

I went when I first got here in 2004 and it was like 10 bucks and I think the giant beers might have been 3 dollars.  The next year was like 10 bucks plus 5 dollar beers. OK. Then the next year it was 70 degrees and the whole mid-atlantic showed up and the line to get in was 6 blocks long. I turned around. Then they got full of themselves, moved it to RFK and started charging like 30 bucks with the threat the it could go up to 50 at any time depending on demand. Then you have to pay for beer. The VIP option could be a deal though.  I guess since then, I've mellowed out a little bit and probably wouldnt be drink my 50-70 dollars worth

I could walk to Shamrockfest, but I'm going to drive past it and go to Laurel. A bit more laid back. Less clusterfreak. And gambling.

Plus I'm not really too up on the current music scene. Mr Greengenes is good though

I dont mean to hate on SRF. It's just not as good as I remember. At least according to what I consider good