Author Topic: Moving from New Orleans?  (Read 3061 times)

gosensgo05

Moving from New Orleans?
« Topic Start: July 12, 2005, 12:25:55 PM »
I think it's more appropriate to have a Triple AAA affiliate closer to the major league location.  Is there any chance that the Nationals will move their Triple AAA ball club somewhere closer to the Washington, DC region?  

I think Norfolk, Richmond, or Annapolis would be good locations.  The Braves would have to leave Richmond or Mets vacate Norfolk.  Maybe the Braves and Nats can trade cities?  The wild card could be somewhere in North Carolina.

Offline mjteggy05

Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #1: July 16, 2005, 03:01:38 PM »
I've heard rumors that the Braves might move to Macon or somewhere else in Georgia, so maybe the Nats will go to Richmond.

Hayden

Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #2: July 19, 2005, 10:51:54 PM »
Annapolis is typically Oriole country, so I don't see the Nat's moving a Triple-A team there. Rumors are the O's want to put their Triple-A team in Harrisburg, where the Senators are looking to improve their stadium to Triple-A standards. That would leave the Nat's looking for a Double and Triple-A teams. I think they should put one team in Maryland, and another in Virginia. Maybe the Triple-A team in Richmond if the Braves move theirs, but if not put the team in Arlington, Vienna, Tysons Corner, or somewhere around there. Could put a Double-A team in Gaithersburg or Germantown, with little area to build in Rockville or Bethesda. Silver Spring maybe.

As for the Single-A Potomac Nationals, I just don't like that name. I mean, I like it, but I think it should be something different. I liked the name the Cannons. Personally, I think they should be the Woodbridge Cannons.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #3: July 19, 2005, 11:35:14 PM »
If the Orioles get harrisburg, I want Bowie.

fair exchange, that is.

Hayden

Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #4: July 20, 2005, 12:19:10 AM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

fair exchange, that is.

I wouldn't count on it. My guess is when Harrisburg and Washington's contract runs out, the Orioles are going to pounce on it. Better for both teams anyways. Keep all the Nat's teams near DC, and all the O's teams near Baltimore.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #5: July 20, 2005, 12:28:34 AM »
Quote from: "Hayden"
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

fair exchange, that is.

I wouldn't count on it. My guess is when Harrisburg and Washington's contract runs out, the Orioles are going to pounce on it. Better for both teams anyways. Keep all the Nat's teams near DC, and all the O's teams near Baltimore.

Bowie is 20 minutes from DC.

If The Orioles Get Harrisburg, it's only right that we get Bowie.

my opinion, of course.

BigRChurchfan

Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #6: July 20, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »
I know it won't be Norfolk, as the Mets affiliate is already occupying that area.  :/

DelNatsFan

Moving from New Orleans?
« Reply #7: August 15, 2005, 10:58:47 PM »
It will all depend on when those teams' contracts are up with their respective affiliates. They typically run 3 years at a time.