Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1 (L)  (Read 3734 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
pfffff intetnional walk. I'm not a ig an of that. I mean i don't mind walkinga dangerous hitter but do they have to do it like tha with the pitchre and catcher out like that. Can't they jsut pitch regular and just stay in their normal pitching rountine and jsut keep all the pitches away from the strike zone. I mean worst case scenario is a walk, which what you were going to do anyway but if you pitch away in your regular pitching ummm sance i guess maybe someobdy will chase thase some of those pitches not knowing that you're not going to give him anything good anyway.

You feel me?

Offline Dave B

aside from the linedrive off ortiz' leg, he has not give up a hard hit ball.  i know people think I'm crazy when I defend him, but this game is indicative of his whole season. 3 runs that shouldnt have scored, but are all earned

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "Dave B"
aside from the linedrive off ortiz' leg, he has not give up a hard hit ball.  i know people think I'm crazy when I defend him, but this game is indicative of his whole season. 3 runs that shouldnt have scored, but are all earned

His pitching has been very solid tonight.  His fielding has cost him dearly.

Offline rileyn

I think Paciorek and Carpenter want to strangle Guillen as badly as I do.  Paciorek in particular just seems baffled by his lack of discipline and approach at the plate.  WTF is he swinging at?  JG is back down to .235 and sinking.  So much for RFK being in his head.  PLease deal him before the deadline.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "rileyn"
I think Paciorek and Carpenter want to strangle Guillen as badly as I do.  Paciorek in particular just seems baffled by his lack of discipline and approach at the plate.  WTF is he swinging at?  JG is back down to .235 and sinking.  So much for RFK being in his head.  PLease deal him before the deadline.

Its not that serious. This game isn't his fault. Watch you'll change your tune once he  gets 15 rbi's this month.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
We've gone totally intentional walk crazy.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I'm going to start my own "fire Frank" thread.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
It is completely brain dead to walk Chipper Jones intentionally, so that Andruw has an extra runner to move around.  I can think of nothing more stupid.

Offline nats2playoffs

Frank woke up from his 7th inning nap to take out Ortiz.  Atlanta 4-2, men on 1st and 3rd.  Bergman walks McGann to load 'em up with 1 out.  

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
something wrong wit hbergmen. They're talking about his health.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "tomterp"
It is completely brain dead to walk Chipper Jones intentionally, so that Andruw has an extra runner to move around.  I can think of nothing more stupid.

Atlanta 6, Washington 2.  Washington has 4 errors.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Its like our bullpen has a high ego and just dares the opposition to hit their belt high fast balls

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Baseball prospectus looked at intentional walks, and found that only rarely, such as when a weak hitting pitcher is up next, is it an advantage to walk a batter.  When you have a reallly good hitter like Jones up next, it is a terrible strategy.  Just give him more runners to advance.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I know our pitching hasn't been consistent tonite but does anybody else feel the umps are being biased towards braves pitcher. Its like the nats pitching zone has shrinks and the oppsite for the braves, not that it seems to matter thoug.

Offline nats2playoffs

Frank has already decided that he's lost the game, which is why his career W-L is .488.
So we see Rodriguez, to continue throwing the game away.  Kasten just handed Bowden the help wanted ads.

Offline rileyn

4 hits, 4 errors tonight.  Ho hum.  The guys sleepwalk through another one in 2 hours 14 minutes.   Still smarting from last night.

Offline nats2playoffs

Final Atl 6 Wash 2. Complete game for Smoltz in 2 hours 14 minutes, for anyone taping it.  
Kasten knows some people at Atlanta.  Do you suppose he can trade Eischen, Rodriguez, and Livan to get Smoltz?
Mike O'Connor pitches tommorrow.

Offline Dave B

Quote from: "tomterp"

the idea here is that a 2-run lead is basically insurmountable. so put the extra guy on, if he scores, what is the difference between a 2 and 3 run lead.  i'd have walked andruw too to get the force at home

Offline nats2playoffs

For those of you taping it, the game ended early enough that you can switch to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and watch...The Bad News Bears.

Offline UMDNats

Quote from: "metssuck"
I know our pitching hasn't been consistent tonite but does anybody else feel the umps are being biased towards braves pitcher. Its like the nats pitching zone has shrinks and the oppsite for the braves, not that it seems to matter thoug.

i doubt it, i just think ortiz sucks.