Author Topic: Tex and the Nats...  (Read 140759 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Tex and the Nats...
« Reply #125: November 13, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »
I say he'll sign at 12:11am. :lol:

I say he signs at 10:20 AM, for the 10-year, $200 million contract ($20 mill a year).

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #126: November 13, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »
I don't see any of the big guys signing right away.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #127: November 13, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
...and who do you guys think he'll sign with? :P

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #128: November 13, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
I don't see any of the big guys signing right away.

total buzz kill.  thanks dad.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #129: November 13, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
Dude, he's not going to sign at 12:01.
Didn't say he would, just that real conversations could begin.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #130: November 13, 2008, 09:42:51 PM »
Manny and Tex won't sign anytime soon. They'll drag it out for a while because Boras likes his guys to hold out the longest.

« Reply #131: November 13, 2008, 10:48:46 PM »
To add to those who are hoping we get Tex, Rotoworld.com reports that the Yanks are homing in on C.C. and see him as a top priority while the Red Sox have a hard on for Derek Lowe. If true and those teams are concentrating their efforts there respectively, then maybe the Nats have a chance of sneaking in there.

But don't hold your breath.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #132: November 13, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
Jason Stark just said on Sportscenter the Halos have him at the top of their priority list and if he doesn't sign there or they aren't willing to pay up, the team most prepared to over pay is Baltimore.  We'll see.

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #133: November 13, 2008, 11:11:48 PM »
Yankees should be out now that they got Swisher.

Angels - 50%
O's - 25%
Red Sox - 15%
Nats - 10%

Never count the Yanks out im sure they will still put a offer to him, they just might not be pushing as hard as they would of been now that they have a option for first in swisher. And focus more with CC

« Reply #134: November 14, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »
Rotoworld feels the Yanks might be out of the Tex running.

The New York Post reports that Thursday's trade for Nick Swisher makes the Yankees unlikely to heavily pursue Mark Teixeira.
According to the newspaper, Teixeira is "a backburner issue" while the Yankees "concentrate on starting pitching" with an eye on CC Sabathia.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #135: November 14, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
Rotoworld feels the Yanks might be out of the Tex running.

That's what I'm hearing as well.  Would help our chances significantly.  It may come down to us, the wOe's, the Sawx and the Halos. 

« Reply #136: November 14, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »
That's what I'm hearing as well.  Would help our chances significantly.  It may come down to us, the wOe's, the Sawx and the Halos. 

From the Hot Stove it sounds like the BoSox, Angels, and Nats are the ones that might determine this. I haven't heard jack crap from any source about Baltimore other than through their fans.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #137: November 14, 2008, 01:11:22 PM »
From the Hot Stove it sounds like the BoSox, Angels, and Nats are the ones that might determine this. I haven't heard jack crap from any source about Baltimore other than through their fans.

Angelos has had a hard on for Teix for sometime now.  It would be just as big of a boost to their team AND fan morale as it would be with ours.  There will be a final four for Teixeira and I'm hoping we're going to still be in it.  NO TURNING BACK NOW!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #138: November 14, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »
Rosenthal just said on The Baseball Beat that he thinks it's down to the Sox and Angles with the Nats having a remote, outside chance.  He said the Orioles are going to offer him ridiculous money but that he probably won't take it to end up on a team not in contention for a pennant any time soon.  Ultimately he believes the Sox will land Tex.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #139: November 14, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »
Rosenthal just said on The Baseball Beat that he thinks it's down to the Sox and Angles with the Nats having a remote, outside chance.  He said the Orioles are going to offer him ridiculous money but that he probably won't take it to end up on a team not in contention for a pennant any time soon.  Ultimately he believes the Sox will land Tex.

And I will kill myself.  I freaking hate that team, their fans, Kevin Youkilis and everything about them.  They felt so sorry for themselves for so many years and they stunk it up forever, then they finally win a world series and get another one a few years later and think they are god's gift. 

I really hope we outbid those b@st@rds and win Teixeira.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #140: November 14, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »
And I will kill myself.  I freaking hate that team, their fans, Kevin Youkilis and everything about them.  They felt so sorry for themselves for so many years and they stunk it up forever, then they finally win a world series and get another one a few years later and think they are god's gift. 

I really hope we outbid those b@st@rds and win Teixeira.

Hola, ¿cómo estás?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #141: November 14, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »

« Reply #142: November 14, 2008, 04:39:08 PM »
EL BOLIGRAFO! LOS PANTALONES ES LOCO!!!! 

Offline PatsNats28

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #144: November 14, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
Eh, I just hate the whole "redsox nation" thing. Mostly i just hate bandwagoners and people who brag about them all the time (like espn)

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #145: November 14, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »
Manny and Tex won't sign anytime soon. They'll drag it out for a while because Boras likes his guys to hold out the longest.

There is some speculation that the big dominoes might fall before the end of the year to avoid the higher Obama taxes. But who knows.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #146: November 14, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »
Eh, I just hate the whole "redsox nation" thing. Mostly i just hate bandwagoners and people who brag about them all the time (like espn)

Red Sox Nation is slightly retarded... I don't really like the team anymore, I just like some of the players.

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #147: November 14, 2008, 05:17:08 PM »
I don't know. O's fans expect them to get this done. I think the pressure is gonna force them to make a run at him. It's probably not going to be enough. I expect that he'll resign with the Angels.

Orioles fans have been champing at the bit to land Tex since he was first drafted. I think Angelos knows that and will act accordingly. Who knows if Tex's pricetag will equal what PGA is willing to spend, but they will certainly investigate. They've shed some payroll and more will come off after 2009, so the team has the money to invest.

« Reply #148: November 14, 2008, 05:20:14 PM »
Orioles fans have been champing at the bit to land Tex since he was first drafted. I think Angelos knows that and will act accordingly. Who knows if Tex's pricetag will equal what PGA is willing to spend, but they will certainly investigate. They've shed some payroll and more will come off after 2009, so the team has the money to invest.

Yeah, but too bad every player knows that joining the team is an absolute dead end considering the O's aren't really going anywhere in the AL East with the Yanks, Sox, and now the Rays to contend with.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #149: November 14, 2008, 05:37:52 PM »

The great thing about that though, most of them are thinking Wieters will be the savior and their mouths are drooling for him.  For us, now most of the fanbase knows we're in play for Teixeira, and what the Nats fans want ... they better get. 

We don't have that knight in shining armor, Marrero/Burgess are a bit away (and even who knows how they'll translate to AA+ pitching). 

Much like George Costanza being adamant about his jerkstore line ... Teixeira is the guy!  Teixeira!  Teixeira!