Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1  (Read 51606 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1
« Topic Start: September 23, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
I didn't get to respond to this post in another game thread by tomterp because the thread was locked.

Oh yeah?  Well I bet spidernat would not approve of the tomterp family (circa 1972) appropriating my dad's football to play in the yard.  Only problem was, it was signed by Sonny Jurgenson, Charlie Taylor, Billy Kilmer, and about 30 other Redskins of the era.  Within a day all the signatures were totally gone.    <wide-eyed shock>    Undecided     Embarrassed     icon_frown

I bet spidernat would've been the first to propose the idea of using said football if it meant there would've been no game without it. The only problem being that if it had been my father's football I may have been a little more hesitant to cross that line.   :?   I've never been crazy about autographs (especially if it stood in the way of a game). This chick gave me an autographed picture of Charley Taylor (addressed to me) mistakenly thinking it would score her big points and prolong the two-week-stand I had in mind but that crap didn't mean anything to me. It collected dust for years and I don't even know where it is now. I probably tossed it in the trash already. I almost gave it to a kid once except it had my name on it. Autographs are only useful on a check.   :lol: