Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3  (Read 58218 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Topic Start: September 17, 2008, 02:30:55 AM »
First Pitch: 7:10 PM EST

TV: MASN, MASN HD

Radio: 107.7 FM, 1500 AM

Line: NYM -122

Weather: 77° and Partly Cloudy

(58-93) 5th Place NL East

Harris - LF
Guzman - SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Milledge - CF
Dukes - RF
Casto - 1B
Bonifacio - 2B
Nieves - C
Martis - P

SP: Shairon Martis (0-2, 2.70 ERA)

(83-67) 2nd Place NL East

J. Reyes - SS
Murphy - LF
Wright - 3B
Delgado - 1B
Beltran - CF
Church - RF
A. Reyes - 2B
Schneider - C
Knight - P

SP: Brandon Knight (0-0, 6.43 ERA)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Reply #1: September 17, 2008, 02:52:23 AM »
can't believe the Mets are relying on this bum Brandon Knight to stop the bleeding, he's just gonna open the wound even more. we should blast him! the 21 yr old Curacao sensation, Shairon Martis, is going to build off his impressive last outing and OWN the Mets just like Lannan and Perez.

i want a 4 game sweep of the hated Mets in the worst way, and it's becoming more realistic...the only thing standing in our way of single handedly slaying the Mets season is Santana on Thursday.

« Reply #2: September 17, 2008, 10:28:37 AM »
Fear no Santana. He is only a man on a team destined for collapse.

Tonight's pitching match-up should be interesting.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #3: September 17, 2008, 12:33:25 PM »
i have some splendid breaking news to report...

SATURDAY I WILL FINALLY FULFILL MY GOAL OF SEEING A GAME @ NATIONALS PARK!!!

:woop: :woop: :pimp:

not only will it be my first game @ Nationals park, it will be my first time attending a Nationals home game! i've always had to rely on road games @ Pittsburgh and @ Toronto, but the lure of Nationals Park is well worth the 8 hr road trip! it's gonna be cool to be able to cheer with the crowd instead of being an outcast Nationals fan. the Padres aren't the most intriguing opponent but i could careless. I CAN'T WAIT!

any advice/suggestions on where to eat or anything else?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: September 17, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »
:clap:  Enjoy your visit and I'm sure you don't need to be told to get a "long, hard" look at Elijah Dukes.  :lol:  About the food, it depends on what you like to eat. You will have plenty of choices.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #5: September 17, 2008, 12:50:35 PM »
The line keeps going down in favor of the Nats. Last night when I went to bed the Mets were -130 favorites and now they are down to -122 on Bodog. That worries me for some reason. The last two games the Mets were much bigger favorites and of course they lost.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #6: September 17, 2008, 12:50:48 PM »
i have some splendid breaking news to report...
SATURDAY I WILL FINALLY FULFILL MY GOAL OF SEEING A GAME @ NATIONALS PARK!!!
 :woop: :woop: :pimp:
...any advice/suggestions on where to eat or anything else?

TWO WORDS: GORILLA SUIT.

You could also return a certain favor by bringing THIS
to give to a certain GANGSTER PIMP:

We must know your
section and seat number

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: September 17, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
Also, get there a couple of hours early and you may get to watch batting practice.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #8: September 17, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
I would recommend that you avoid the brisket if you typically go for that.  I was very disappointed by it at Nats Park.  I miss the brisket at RFK.

If you want a good dessert and not just soft serve ice cream, look for the gelato stands.  The gelato is comparable in cost to the ice cream, but it tastes better and has a better variety of flavors.

I haven't sampled too much there by way of food.  The cheese steak is pretty good and seems like a good value, but it might be kind of odd if you've only ever had cheese steak with actual cheese slices and not whiz.  I'd only ever had cheese steaks with provolone/American cheese slices melted on, so having some cheesy sauce-like stuff on it was unexpected.  It's decent in taste, but it gets cold kind of quickly.

If you want a good hot dog (must...resist...urge...to make...Elijah Dukes joke), get the Hebrew National dog.  It costs more than the regular, but it's miles better.

But yeah, there are tons of choices, so the best thing to do is take a good, long walk around the concourses and take in the sights of the stadium while getting a good look at all of the food options.  No sense in limiting yourself to one thing when you have a whole litany of options.

Another suggestion, if you're too poor to afford anything but crappy nosebleed seats, is to go over to the big staircase structure around left field.  There are various points in the thing where you can stand over the rail and watch the game for a good half-inning or an inning.  When it's late in the game, security generally doesn't care if you do that.  They have some really good views on that thing.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #9: September 17, 2008, 01:28:10 PM »
I have yet to encounter awful food at Nats Park (though, I've only been to four games).  I've done, "slice down the line," "Ben's Chili Bowl," "Five Guys" and "Nats Dogs" and each of them I found to be superior to any other park I've been to (OPACY, Fenway, Shea, Yankee and The Vet).  However, bring your credit card with a high limit.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #10: September 17, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
I'm torn here.  My boss is a huge Mets fan and I'm still technically in training.  If we contribute to the Mets demise for two straight seasons I could find myself unemployed.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #11: September 17, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »
Also, get there a couple of hours early and you may get to watch batting practice.

that's a no-brainer. i'm hoping to get there early enough to watch the Nats bp and get Dukes autograph (again) and POSSIBLY get a picture but that that'd be asking too much.  i'm gonna try and have a conversation with him this time, last time in Pittsburgh i was too awe struck and could only blurt "your walk-off home run was insane!"

and we are planning on eating at a nearby restaurant, but i'll obviously eat at the ballpark too.

also, my tickets are located directly behind the Nationals dugout: Section 130 L Row X Seats 10/9.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #12: September 17, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
you should get his number and ask him out on a date

lol, nah just wish id get to the park early enough for that stuff. Always get there 5 minutes before 1st pitch, take the rfk bus jont, which is INSANE DEAL

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #13: September 17, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »
and we are planning on eating at a nearby restaurant, but i'll obviously eat at the ballpark too.

I don't recall there being any restaurants "nearby" the park, but there's a few on Capitol Hill near the Capitol Building.  Hawk and Dove comes to mind on Pennsylvania Ave. near 4th street.  Great pub food.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #14: September 17, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »
I don't recall there being any restaurants "nearby" the park, but there's a few on Capitol Hill near the Capitol Building.  Hawk and Dove comes to mind on Pennsylvania Ave. near 4th street.  Great pub food.

we'll figure something out. our hotel is in Silver Springs, so maybe we'll eat lunch in that area before going to the ballpark.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #15: September 17, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
we'll figure something out. our hotel is in Silver Springs, so maybe we'll eat lunch in that area before going to the ballpark.

Where at? I live in Silver Spring. If your looking for Downtown area, its pretty crowded, not really great at the recommendation of places, but just figuring out which area in SS you are, i can try and think of something.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #16: September 17, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »
Also Tortilla Coast and Bullfeathers. They are right across the street from the Capitol South metro.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #17: September 17, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
Lineups posted. Casto and EB in the lineup, finally. We should whip this career minor leaguer, Brandon Knight, around like a doll.

MrMadison

« Reply #18: September 17, 2008, 05:38:34 PM »
Lineups posted. Casto and EB in the lineup, finally. We should whip this career minor leaguer, Brandon Knight, around like a doll.

with this team, you never know.  I'm not banking on anything.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #19: September 17, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
with this team, you never know.  I'm not banking on anything.
This.

I can just see sportsfan in three hours:

We are getting owned by a career minor-leaguer who's never had a quality start in his life. :bang: I guess this team just folds like a house of cards when they have the spotlight. Pathetic. :hang:

Offline blue911

« Reply #20: September 17, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
I'd prefer Langerhans at first. I have zero faith in Casto.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #21: September 17, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
I'd prefer Langerhans at first. I have zero faith in Casto.

Langerhans actually played well there haha, but Casto has been recently hitting the ball.

MrMadison

« Reply #22: September 17, 2008, 06:27:40 PM »
This.

I can just see sportsfan in three hours:

We are getting owned by a career minor-leaguer who's never had a quality start in his life. :bang: I guess this team just folds like a house of cards when they have the spotlight. Pathetic. :hang:

you missed a good 3 sentences of profanities.

poor imitation.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #23: September 17, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »
Brandon Knight is 'bout to get BOMBED!

LETS GO NATS!!!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #24: September 17, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »
sportsfan/spidernat you guys going to any games the rest of the way?

congrats AZ on making it down to the game.  As far as food, you have to get a curly w pretzel they are one of the best things i've ever tasted (other than miller lite, a nats victory and beautiful women).