Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3  (Read 58220 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Reply #225: September 17, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »
where do you put him though?  Milledge and Dukes are entrenched in their spots and we're looking for a power bat to complement them out there.  I really hope we're not counting on WMP/AK/Roger next year for a starting spot.
That's a good question but it's hard to ignore Bernadina with the numbers he put up in AA and AAA this season. He's only 24 so he could still play in the Minors for a little while longer though I think he's ready to produce up here.

Roger's definitely going to compete for a spot in ST and I hope they give it to him if earns it instead of just handing the job over to Kearns.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #226: September 17, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »
IMO, Wily No and Big Ears should be out of the picture next yr. we have no need for their ineptness.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #227: September 17, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »
at least Dukes hit another MASSIVE homer!!! goodness gracious, that homer was a GARGANTUAN shot! got us back into the game. when Dukes connects, it's a no doubter. he continues to prove that he's an undeniable beast and a surefire *SUPERSTAR* in the making.

How many packs of tube socks has your mom had to buy you since we got Dukes?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #228: September 17, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »
Luke Montz. You could count on him to at least make contact and there was a threat of a HR.

Of course if Montz goes up there and makes the final out people are screaming about Acta not going with the percentages of using the lefty/righty matchup.  :?

How many packs of tube socks has your mom had to buy you since we got Dukes?

Dude we have to put this one in the classic quotes thread. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #229: September 17, 2008, 11:57:16 PM »
Of course if Montz goes up there and makes the final out people are screaming about Acta not going with the percentages of using the lefty/righty matchup.  :?
Not I. Come on, even at best if Bernadina singles what does that do? Still need a HR or extra base hit on top of that one.

With Montz, up we could have tied it up with 1 swing. I would have felt more comfortable with Montz up there anyways because he was more likely to make contact.

Manny has serious faults that he really needs to work on in the off-season. His bullpen management and pinch hitting decisions are usually awful.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #230: September 18, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »
We should start a poll to see who's buying that sportsfan would not have been nagging about that move had it failed.

So who's buying it?

Not I.

:?    :lol:

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #231: September 18, 2008, 12:42:37 AM »
freak.

we're going to waste this.

freak.

i am doing my nightly recap of the GD thread and this had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD! freak substituting for freak is freaking hilarious.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #232: September 18, 2008, 12:45:05 AM »
yo az, when you goin to the nats game? just curious

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #233: September 18, 2008, 12:47:31 AM »
yo az, when you goin to the nats game? just curious

Saturday.

Young vs Lannan.

3-2 pitchers duel written all over that match-up.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #234: September 18, 2008, 12:48:41 AM »
Damn gonna be a hell of a game -- Game 1 of the Toilet Bowl

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #235: September 18, 2008, 02:07:30 AM »
We have trimmed a lot of bums off this roster as the year has gone on.  Guys like Walnuts, Fat Johnny, Ayala, Dirty Sanches, and Flop, who all had no business on a major league roster are gone.  And Wily No hopefully will be gone. 

Right now there are only 3 guys on the team who need to be exiled to a turkish prison.  Colome, Charlie Manning, and Bernandina.