Author Topic: One good thing about being dead last in the NL  (Read 1291 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
One good thing about being dead last in the NL
« Topic Start: April 16, 2006, 11:46:13 AM »
We appreciate each victory that much more!  When Harris caught that ball last night to save Patterson's win, it felt like winning the World Series almost :lol:

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #1: April 16, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
once again the desperosity is humorous, it really hurts though when other people talk about your team in such a lowly manner. We have become one of those teams that good teams are "supposed" to beat. We've become easy wins on everyone's schedule. That's why I'm also supporting the Indians because they are underdogs in their own rights. And I can hope to make the playoffs with them. I love the Nationals and I always will but I also need a team that will fulfill my desire to watch my team win.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #2: April 16, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
once again the desperosity is humorous, it really hurts though when other people talk about your team in such a lowly manner. We have become one of those teams that good teams are "supposed" to beat. We've become easy wins on everyone's schedule. That's why I'm also supporting the Indians because they are underdogs in their own rights. And I can hope to make the playoffs with them. I love the Nationals and I always will but I also need a team that will fulfill my desire to watch my team win.

I'm going to copy paste some wise words from another Nats Message Board.

they were having a discussion that I think is relevant to the state of Our board.  

The Notable Quotes:

An old saying goes...

"You like your team when they are winning....But you fall in Love with your team when they lose".

Not sure how long folks waited, but this is exactly what I imagined it is like to have a home town team. You are fretting about slumps, poor play and bad personnel moves. You exalt in a streak, great play and good trades. WTEM spent time thrashing Bowden on the air! The post is running stories every day on how this just sucks. While a new owner will bring stability, it won't change this team, this year at all. Yeah, the team stinks right now, but it sure beats the 2004 season, and the one before that, and so on.

Having a bad home town 9 is still about the best think in the world right now for me. There is some dignity in being an avid fan of a terrible team, really. Try to enjoy it.

Look at it this way...When the Nationals are winning consistently 5-10 years down the road, we'll know the real fans from the pretenders. Real fans stick with their team even when things are at their most dire. The fair weather types will show up when we start winning down the line.

I agree with every one of these statements.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #3: April 16, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

they were having a discussion that I think is relevant to the state of Our board.  

The Notable Quotes:

An old saying goes...

"You like your team when they are winning....But you fall in Love with your team when they lose".

Not sure how long folks waited, but this is exactly what I imagined it is like to have a home town team. You are fretting about slumps, poor play and bad personnel moves. You exalt in a streak, great play and good trades. WTEM spent time thrashing Bowden on the air! The post is running stories every day on how this just sucks. While a new owner will bring stability, it won't change this team, this year at all. Yeah, the team stinks right now, but it sure beats the 2004 season, and the one before that, and so on.

Having a bad home town 9 is still about the best think in the world right now for me. There is some dignity in being an avid fan of a terrible team, really. Try to enjoy it.

Look at it this way...When the Nationals are winning consistently 5-10 years down the road, we'll know the real fans from the pretenders. Real fans stick with their team even when things are at their most dire. The fair weather types will show up when we start winning down the line.

uggh... I hate old people with their wisdom and their always being right, gosh, lol

« Reply #4: April 16, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

The Notable Quotes:

An old saying goes...

uggh... I hate old people with their wisdom and their always being right, gosh, lol

Yeah but most of those old farts just settle on having a baseball team and being happy.  Few of them don't have the nuts to do what is necessary to create a winning team.  They just sit there and pray it happens and when it finally does 10 years down the road they blab "I told you so".

It does not need to be like that and we can have a winner in DC.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #5: April 16, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

Yeah but most of those old farts just settle on having a baseball team and being happy.  Few of them don't have the nuts to do what is necessary to create a winning team.  They just sit there and pray it happens and when it finally does 10 years down the road they blab "I told you so".

It does not need to be like that and we can have a winner in DC.

hmm...good point