Author Topic: Your card is your ticket to the game  (Read 23757 times)

Offline SkinsNDeacs

Re: Your card is your ticket to the game
« Reply #400: March 30, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
Did you log in through "access"?   When I go to "my games" I see 4/3 as the next game, too, but that is because I have distributed 4/1 to 2 partners.  When I go to distribution history, I see they got my tickets for 4/1.  The reason 4/3 is there is because I emailed 2 tickets to a member of my group and have 2 tickets listed as "active."

By the way, I wonder why those two are active when I sent in an exchange request on 3/28?

On the access site opening day does not show up and I have not distributed it to anyone.  However, when I go to "My Nationals Tickets" Opening Day is there...I just can't print or email from that site.  Weird.  I am starting to get nervous.  I emailed my ticket rep but I doubt I will get a response before Monday. 

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #401: March 30, 2013, 02:48:22 PM »
FWIW my ticket exchange came through this morning, so they are getting processed.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #402: March 30, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
FWIW my ticket exchange came through this morning, so they are getting processed.

How long did it take?

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #403: March 30, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »
How long did it take?

I put the request the same day they sent the email that the site was operational...I think that was Tuesday.  I exhanged Apr 9 for Apr 3, I don't know if the games coming up so soon made a difference.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #404: March 30, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
I put the request the same day they sent the email that the site was operational...I think that was Tuesday.  I exhanged Apr 9 for Apr 3, I don't know if the games coming up so soon made a difference.

Thanks. There's no doubt the April 3 date made a difference. I know how these guys work.

I exchanged on Wed. tickets July 25 for April 27. Let's see how long that takes.

Offline BossDetwiler

« Reply #405: March 30, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

Were the seats you received in return comparable to your original seats?

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #406: March 30, 2013, 05:54:25 PM »
Were the seats you received in return comparable to your original seats?

Two seats to the right of my regular seats!  I'm guessing there are still a lot of tickets left for Wed night.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

« Reply #407: March 30, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »
I AM AN IDIOT!  I forgot they mailed me my tickets weeks ago.  What a dummy.  I have them pinned to my refrigerator. 

Offline mnoel71

« Reply #408: March 31, 2013, 08:06:25 AM »
Question from a full SPH newbie...regarding RCRs and exchanging tickets... I get the turning tickets in for RCR points however, how do future exchanges work?  If I can't attend a game and exchange those tickets for a future game, do I then have two sets of tickets for that future game and are these new tickets upgraded from my SPH seats?  In other words, if I exchange my seats for seats at the same game, will I get better seats? 

Thanks for the help!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #409: March 31, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
mnoe: welcome!

there are two types of exchanges. Future exchanges and unused ticket exchanges.   If you realize you can't / dont want to attend a game at least 3 days in advance of the game, you can pick a non-blackout game and get similar quality seats to what you are giving up, depending on availability.  The new seats will not be an upgrade.  If you already have seats to the game you pick, then you will have a second set of seats of similar quality. 

I don't know if there is a way to pay the difference to upgrade, and I don't think you can stack your old seats with your turn in seats and upgrade that way, either.  If you can pay the difference when you upgrade, you could try to stub hub your current set, which is allowed, and recoup the difference that way.

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #410: March 31, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
The online exchange system has a comment box with instructions that say, "If you have any instructions, wish to upgrade or purchase additional tickets with your exchange please indicate that below and we will contact you to process your exchange."  So it looks like it's doable.  Last year they were pretty flexible, several times I traded two seats from one game with two seats to a game I wanted to go to, so I could get four seats together for the 2nd game.

Best bet is to call or email your rep with questions, mine has been pretty good about getting answers.  If you're going tomorrow, stop by ticket services and ask.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #411: April 01, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
So far, so good...no problem whatsoever getting in either Friday or today. Whatever difficulties people may be having with ticket exchanges and the like, at least there doesn't seem to be any difficulty with the ticket card's primary function (in fact it works more smoothly than the one they're using at the Wizards right now - no need to wait for the receipt to print).

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #412: April 01, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
So far, so good...no problem whatsoever getting in either Friday or today. Whatever difficulties people may be having with ticket exchanges and the like, at least there doesn't seem to be any difficulty with the ticket card's primary function (in fact it works more smoothly than the one they're using at the Wizards right now - no need to wait for the receipt to print).

Did you have to go to a special gate?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #413: April 01, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
Did you have to go to a special gate?

No - used one of the STH entrances at the centre-field gate Friday (to get the fridge magnet schedule) then used my regular left-field gate entrance today - absolutely no problem with either.

Offline eastie

« Reply #414: April 02, 2013, 09:25:56 AM »
A non-ticket related problem with the cards from yesterday (admission was a breeze): getting a discount at the Team Store.  At the register I put my card on the little reader stand and it displayed my name before the cashier started ringing up the sale.  One would assume that this would be a signal to the system to apply the SPH discount on merchandise, right?  Nope.  I got distracted in conversation with the guy next to me and wasn't paying attention to the total (had lots of small items), and didn't check my receipt until later.  No discount was given, paid full price.  Now I have to fight to get a few bucks back.  If you are using your card at a Team Store make sure you explicitly tell the cashier that you have a card, just placing it on the reader does nothing.  I suppose it's how you will use cash loaded to the card (name and $0.00 balance was displayed), but non-intuitively it makes no difference for identifying that a SPH is paying.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #415: April 02, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
FWIW (not card-related, but seems to fit this thread), the barcode reader at the entrance wouldn't read the barcode when I displayed the .PDF on my iPhone. I had brought a paper printout just in case and that worked fine (I didn't want to take the time to unlock the iPad). Just thought I'd mention it for anyone who transfers tickets to people who don't have cards.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #416: April 02, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »
Having a pair of tickets with two different plans means I'm carrying around for of those thick cards in my wallet, a bit of a pain in the ass.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #417: April 02, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
Having a pair of tickets with two different plans means I'm carrying around for of those thick cards in my wallet, a bit of a pain in the ass.

Treat them like tickets. Put them in a safe place and take them out when you are going to the game. Problem solved.

Seems like all the hand wringing about the scanners not working with these cards was for naught.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #418: April 02, 2013, 09:52:31 PM »
So how does one undo a distribution mistake?

I sent a pair of tickets to the wrong partner, but see no way to claw it back.    :?

Offline eastie

« Reply #419: April 03, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »
Edit: Never mind, I see that those are transferred seats, not email. I have no idea how to undo.  Can the recipient transfer them back to you?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #420: April 03, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
Go to the Email Seats screen, pull up the game you mistakenly transferred and click CallBack next to the seats in question.  Theoretically that should work.

Thanks.

I tried this, but I'm getting an "Unable to call back ticket at current time" error message.

I wonder if this works only for emailed tickets.  This pair I distributed to the cards.   

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #421: April 03, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
Thanks.

I tried this, but I'm getting an "Unable to call back ticket at current time" error message.

I wonder if this works only for emailed tickets.  This pair I distributed to the cards.   

Yes, this works only for emailed tickets. Don't know how you can call back ones transferred to cards. I'm looking into it now.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #422: April 03, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »
Yes, this works only for emailed tickets. Don't know how you can call back ones transferred to cards. I'm looking into it now.

So after discussions with my rep and testing real-time:

- You cannot recall tickets distributed to cards of your partners.
However, your partner can now mail them on to another party.
Your partner can also recall tickets mailed to a third party.

- You CAN recall cards distributed via email, and re-distribute as desired.

Offline BossDetwiler

« Reply #423: April 03, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
DC Sports Bog has a brief article on the commerative tickets available for purchase.  Talk about worthless garbage, generic printing on generic ticket stock, incredibly ugly.  I love having a nice, STH-style ticket stub to keep from all the games I attend, and probably would have bought many of these during the year.  No chance I'll be buying a single one now.  A 3rd grader could have designed something better than what they are offering.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #424: April 03, 2013, 12:10:03 PM »
A warning about distributing your tickets to your partners' cards:

If you can't see the "Distribute" button in the bottom right corner, don't waste your time moving tickets to your partners' accounts, you won't be able to complete the task.

I went through my entire season last night, allocating tickets to members, but the screen image was not fully viewable on my small laptop screen, nor was there a navigation panel I could find to scroll down.  I ended up losing all the work and having to redo it on a computer with a larger monitor.  What a pain.

:rant: