Author Topic: FTP - who to add? Do we keep it going?  (Read 427 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
FTP - who to add? Do we keep it going?
« Topic Start: April 20, 2012, 12:56:07 PM »
Figured I'd start a thread just to flag these questions. 

Is it worth doing another year of Follow the Prospects? some threads are pretty inactive even though the players are still with the team and on prospect lists.  Does Nats Prospects and Brians Nats Farm Authority (which I think he's revived) do this job well enough?

If it is worth keeping going, then who do we not have covered who should be?

Also, at this point, I'd ask the mods whether it is worth the effort to set FTP up as its own subforum in the The Farm so that these threads don't take up half the farm pages in the main Farm forum.

I'd be particularly interested in Hammonds, SF, RD, and JMU thoughts, since you folks seem to be all over the minor league teams.  I'd also like it if people make sure a few of their favorite threads are up to date.

Offline JMUalumni

Re: FTP - who to add? Do we keep it going?
« Reply #1: April 20, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »
The only active one I currently have is Oduber, since Lombo got called up.  I was going to wait until he got some at-bats under his belt before I started getting some heavy updates on him, plus he really hasn't done anything of note yet.  I believe I promised a Kevin Keyes thread and I'll get his up this week sometime.

I haven't seen a Danny Rosenbaum one and he certainly could use his own FTP thread (EDIT:  looks like IMRef already got one started on him).  Michael Taylor is another guy that should be added.  Jason Martinson might be worthy of one as well, I know Linty is a big fan of his.

I suppose we should probably identify which ones are now defunct, such as Peacock, Cole, Norris, Marrero, Lombo.  If there are any FTP threads where the creators can't keep them updated or other reasons why they are lacking activity, I can help keep them up to date.

EDIT:  Never mind, JCA you have already done a good job of identify the dead ones.