Author Topic: ESPN's Kurkjian: Nat Players Are at Top of Trade Possibilities  (Read 2366 times)

Offline RL04

FWIW Dept:

On Mike and Mike this morning, Tim Kurkjian said Nix and Burnett are two of the most sought-after players before the trade deadline.

Kirchen said Pudge would have been up there too but fell off the list because of injury.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Is it me or has Laynce Nix's power completely fell off?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Coming into this year... Nix was averaging 1 HR per every 28 AB's.

In 2011 he's at 1 HR per every 18 AB's

So, a regression had to be expected at some point!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Coming into this year... Nix was averaging 1 HR per every 28 AB's.

In 2011 he's at 1 HR per every 18 AB's

So, a regression had to be expected at some point!
True.

But every time he swings the bat it looks like if he makes contact it'll land about 784 feet from home plate. :az:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
He's still hitting the ball solidly

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Did you mean Tim Kurkjian? :lol:

Offline Ray D

Has your power fallen off?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Has your power fallen off?

Has Wang fallen off?

:shrug:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Moving a Nix and / or a Burnett to Seattle might make sense.  They have had a real problem in left, and IIRC Safeco is not death to lefty power.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
What do they have that the Nats would want?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Keep Nix; move Burnett.

Is this real? Some other team wants Burnett????? Maybe that same team wants Stairs? (As in, any team that would accept Burnett might be crazy enough to try Matt Stairs)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Seattle hasn't folded yet?  They're closer to the cellar than they are to winning their division.

Offline RL04

Did you mean Tim Kurkjian? :lol:

:-[     Thanks.

Actually there a lot of "Kirchen" references on the Internet.   So I was not alone.    Hey, it was while driving to work  too.  
 ;)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
That's the thing.  They have a pretty good 2d base prospect playing 3d b/c he's blocked by Ackley and Figgins stinks.  Reager or something like that (I'm bidding on him in my fantasy league).  While, I/M/O, I'd like a strong 2d baseman and ROY moved to SS, I'm not sure if he's better than Antonelli.  Otherwise, I think Saunders might be able to play CF but has been something of a bust in LF, leading to the varous Pegueros and Carp call ups.  I don't know the system well enough to know what to pick off.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
If you say "keep Nix," then you mean "re-sign Nix at whatever his free agent price is" because he can walk at the end of the year.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
If you say "keep Nix," then you mean "re-sign Nix at whatever his free agent price is" because he can walk at the end of the year.

Not necessarily - keep him for the year and have him help us win games.

I feel like players like him are undervalued in trades so the return won't be worth as much as the extra wins this year.  And the number of wins this year matters.  Not finishing last this year matters.  And possibly finishing third matters.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
In the grand scheme of things is finishing 4th in 2011 worth all that much? Sell what you can and build for 12/13.

Offline hammondsnats

What do they have that the Nats would want?

franklin gutierrez hehe

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Not necessarily - keep him for the year and have him help us win games.

I feel like players like him are undervalued in trades so the return won't be worth as much as the extra wins this year.  And the number of wins this year matters.  Not finishing last this year matters.  And possibly finishing third matters.
Given how bad the team has been, more than a few of us would value short term middle of the packness over long term strengthening of the talent pool, so keeping him to the end of the year and then letting him walk is an option.  I prefer dealing him at his peak for something that may pay off down the line, moving Morse back to left, and calling up Marrero to see what we have.  Either works.

Offline Strasburg37

Well according to Rizzo, Nix is "just a bench player" and "knows his role."  Those are direct quotes.  I'm sure Rizzo will just give him away for a mediocre AA reliever.

Offline blue911

I think Nix's achilles problem will diminish his trade value

Offline PC

In the grand scheme of things is finishing 4th in 2011 worth all that much?

Yes, yes, God yes!  Not only should you not finish 4th, you should finish 3rd...or 2nd, if you can.

And if you don't make the playoffs, you should be one game out of the playoffs!  Not making the playoffs is no excuse for tanking the season.

YOU CAN'T KEEP LOSING AND CONTINUE TO SELL THAT AS A GOOD OUTCOME!

Offline Strasburg37

Yes, yes, God yes!  Not only should you not finish 4th, you should finish 3rd...or 2nd, if you can.

And if you don't make the playoffs, you should be one game out of the playoffs!  Not making the playoffs is no excuse for tanking the season.

:clap:

Too many posters here drink the :koolaid: served up daily by Rizzo and his spin machine.

Offline houston-nat

Be glad your GM isn't Dayton Moore. Gotta trust the process!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
:clap:

Too many posters here drink the :koolaid: served up daily by Rizzo and his spin machine.
Dude, you were one of the biggest shiners and :koolaid: drinkers on the board :lmao: