Author Topic: 2007 Washington Redskins Season Thread  (Read 37953 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: 2007 Redskins discussion thread
« Reply #250: December 02, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
Dear Joe Gibbs,

Please retire. You don't even know the NFL rules anymore.  You cannot take consecutive timeouts.  MORON!  When the team returns from the memorial service in Florida, just drop Gibbs off in North Carolina.  He remains a stupid,clueless old man, who has no business on an NFL field anymore.  Just forfeit the game to the Bears...  Gibbs didn't quit in games in the 1980s.  His team broke the record for points scored in a season.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
Absolutely.. I just cannot believe how many games we have pissed away in the 4th quarter this year.. It is really just sickening.. I am not going to worry about this team anymore.. It's really pointless.  I don't even want to watch this train wreck any more.. We should just forfeit the rest of the games because this team has completely tanked. I am not exaggerating by any means, any one who accepts this bullcrap is an idiot. 

Offline PC

« Reply #251: December 02, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »
I've never been more disappointed about the direction of this team and that includes The Norval Years.   :shock:

I can't visualize how this team gets better, honestly.  :(  And getting rid of Gibbs is only going to help, marginally.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #252: December 02, 2007, 04:49:20 PM »
I heard John Riggins recently question whether Gibbs ever had IT, as it relates to making critical decisions in close games. He said they won games by such wide margins in the past that perhaps he never really had it to begin with. Bobby Beathard acquired the talent. And I recall Wayne Sevier being instrumental in handling the timeout situations.

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #253: December 02, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
What would Riggo know? He was probably half in the bag most of the time. :)

There was a different look in his eyes back then. I can't look into a man's eyes and see his soul, like George Bush can, but he was different the first time around.

I heard John Riggins recently question whether Gibbs ever had IT, as it relates to making critical decisions in close games. He said they won games by such wide margins in the past that perhaps he never really had it to begin with. Bobby Beathard acquired the talent. And I recall Wayne Sevier being instrumental in handling the timeout situations.

Offline PC

« Reply #254: December 02, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »
There was a different look in his eyes back then. I can't look into a man's eyes and see his soul, like George Bush can, but he was different the first time around.

Gibbs wasn't already in the Hall of Fame, then.  He doesn't have the hunger now that he had then.

He was like all of the other coaches in the league are now, trying to build their reputation, their legacy.  He doesn't have that now.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #255: December 02, 2007, 05:49:47 PM »
A few weeks ago, Gibbs said he takes over the offensive (excuse the pun) play calling inside the 20 yard line (red zone.)  That's been the team's biggest problem.  Sean Taylor's replacement said after today's game that the team just keeps making the same mistakes, week after week. 

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #256: December 02, 2007, 07:17:28 PM »
Great way to get fired, not being Portis and mouth off about the coach.  Let's see if he's the one to get Lavar'd next.

A few weeks ago, Gibbs said he takes over the offensive (excuse the pun) play calling inside the 20 yard line (red zone.)  That's been the team's biggest problem.  Sean Taylor's replacement said after today's game that the team just keeps making the same mistakes, week after week. 

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #257: December 02, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
He's right.. The Redskins play the same chicken crap conservative game every week.  Just imagine if this team could close out games.. They would have close to 10 wins for sure.  The only game where they were blown away was against the Pats.  Every other game was there for the taking at the end and the majority of them they lost.  There is absolutely no reason for this team to be 5-7... no excuse 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #258: December 02, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »
Get a load of these ****ing idiots on Extremeskins:

I'm going to give us a pass this week. I know it's a stretch, but 9-7 could still get us in people. I think we were emotionally drained. I doubt we'll lose another game this season.

28-23 in Dallas? That is a fact, so believing it either way, it is true. They escaped with that one.

We have a great team here.....

Playoffs are definitely a strong possibility. Like someone else already stated the only game I'm worried about is going up to the Meadowlands. We pretty much control our own destiny, though.

Offline PC

« Reply #259: December 02, 2007, 09:01:11 PM »
There's a fairly high idiot quotient at Extremeskins.

Of course, there's a fairly high idiot quotient in the population at-large so when you have a "community" as large as Extremeskins, you're likely to get a lot of idiots posting.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #260: December 02, 2007, 09:02:32 PM »
Emotionally drained? They lost the game in the same customary (ridiculous) fashion they have lost the others. If anything this week showed that the tragedy did not impact their play one way or the other.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #261: December 02, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »
There's a fairly high idiot quotient at Extremeskins.

Of course, there's a fairly high idiot quotient in the population at-large so when you have a "community" as large as Extremeskins, you're likely to get a lot of idiots posting.

:lol:

I read where one idiot at extremeskins asked if people would be calling for Jason Campbell's job if he were a white QB. :?  I didn't know Rush Limbaugh was a member there :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #262: December 02, 2007, 09:15:01 PM »

:lol:

I read where one idiot at extremeskins asked if people would be calling for Jason Campbell's job if he were a white QB. :?  I didn't know Rush Limbaugh was a member there :lol:
I know Jason chokes a lot down the stretch but I still feel he is better than people give him credit for.  He still has a LONG way to go but put any QB behind our o-line today and they would have struggled as well.  It doesn't help that our mini-sized receivers can't get open and our backs suck.  Just listen to the analysts who call the Skins game on a given Sunday.  They almost always praise Jason for being poised and being a decent young QB.  I thought Jason made some really nice throws today, mainly in the first half.  It's just a shame that the offense couldn't score TDs or do anything at all in the 2nd half. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #263: December 02, 2007, 09:16:24 PM »
Get a load of these ****ing idiots on Extremeskins:

Sportsfan, you think yourself a realist, but you aren't. You're a pessimist. Those guys are optimists. That's all. Everyone thinks they're right, regardless. Truth is, nobody knows chit of what they're speaking. There's probably only one real psychic on that site.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #264: December 02, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »
Sportsfan, you think yourself a realist, but you aren't. You're a pessimist. Those guys are optimists. That's all. Everyone thinks they're right, regardless. Truth is, nobody knows chit of what they're speaking. There's probably only one real psychic on that site.
I am speaking the truth.. These idiots have been saying for weeks that we are great and we will win out and blah blah blah.  This team can't even win 1 ****ing game, how are they going to win 5 in a row?? I am not a pessimist, I just see the reality in things and am not a blind b**** like the majority of the posters on Extremeskins.  As I have said EVERY week since the GB loss, They (The Redskins) are who I thought they were.  A mediocre 7-9 non-playoff team.  I stand by that prediction.  This team had the potential to be so much more but that potential is long gone now after choking away 5+ games. 

You can't honestly tell me that you think this team is going to win out and make the playoffs can you??  It's just stupid.  The season is over and the future is very bleak.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #265: December 02, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »
So you're saying they are who you thought they were? :)

You also predicted we'd beat the Bills, right? Hey, most thought that we wouldn't win out in '05 either. You never know in this league. That's my point.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #266: December 02, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
So you're saying they are who you thought they were? :)

You also predicted we'd beat the Bills, right? Hey, most thought that we wouldn't win out in '05 either. You never know in this league. That's my point.
Yeah I did predict we'd beat the Bills so technically that means they are even worse than I thought they were.  ughhhh  >:(

Offline PC

« Reply #267: December 02, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »
There's a difference between optimism and "detached from reality".  Even optimism should have some basis in reality and there's no way you could watch this team and, with some basis in reality, think they're going to win out.

It's just not possible to think that.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #268: December 02, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »
There's a difference between optimism and "detached from reality".  Even optimism should have some basis in reality and there's no way you could watch this team and, with some basis in reality, think they're going to win out.

It's just not possible to think that.

Who's to say that's being "detached from reality" though? Like someone said earlier, we've only gotten manhandled by one team. Most games were within only one score. Miami making the the same predictions would fit into the "detached from reality" category. Also, in '05, feelings were very similar to right now. NO ONE here would have predicted that run. When you make these "predictions" about your own team, they're more-so just hopes. Nothing wrong with that. I will believe it's possible to make it to the playoffs until it statistically isn't.

Offline PC

« Reply #269: December 02, 2007, 09:51:07 PM »
Who's to say that's being "detached from reality" though? Like someone said earlier, we've only gotten manhandled by one team. Most games were within only one score.

The problem isn't the score of the games.  It's HOW we're losing.

Based in reality, why would you expect something to change when the same thing keeps happening over and over again?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #270: December 02, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »
Who's to say that's being "detached from reality" though? Like someone said earlier, we've only gotten manhandled by one team. Most games were within only one score. Miami making the the same predictions would fit into the "detached from reality" category. Also, in '05, feelings were very similar to right now. NO ONE here would have predicted that run. When you make these "predictions" about your own team, they're more-so just hopes. Nothing wrong with that. I will believe it's possible to make it to the playoffs until it statistically isn't.
There is a difference between hoping and knowing.. I would be thrilled if this team won out and made the playoffs but I realize it's just not possible.  I am just going to watch the games in hopes of seeing Jason continue to improve and hope to play a spoiler role in the NFC playoff picture.  It's pretty said when you are out of it already but they are and I am not going to get my hopes up for no reason and really there is no reason to get your hopes up anyways.

The thing is every one of our games is going to continue to go down to the wire and we might get lucky and win or we might lose.  That is completely the wrong mindset.  You have to go into games expecting to blow the other team out.  There is no reason we shouldn't have beat a horrible Bills team (I don't give a **** what their record is) with a rookie QB and a 3rd string QB by 20+ points.  Until this team plays with the mindset of trying to dominate the game and not make it close the games will continue to go down to the wire where more often that not they will lose due to obvious factors (Bad coaching, Poor QB play down the stretch, Unclutch defense, etc, etc).

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #271: December 02, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »
The problem isn't the score of the games.  It's how we're losing and that never changes.

Based in reality, why would you expect something to change when the same thing keeps happening over and over again?

That's what I was initially pointing out to sportsfan. Believing that your team is going to continue their losing ways is being pessimistic. Believing that they will turn it around is being optimistic. Realistically, though, no one has a clue.

It's really odd, we really have lost every game except for the Pats game by one score. That's crazy. Very similar season in '05 as well. Remember that 36-0 shutout the Giants put on us early that season? So many people were predicting a losing record after that game.

I HOPE we win out. Who knows, though?

One thing's for sure. We won't be a GREAT team until we make some managerial changes. There's only so many mistakes a coach can make in a season, and Gibbs passed that point a few weeks ago. I just hope he's already made his last one.

Offline PC

« Reply #272: December 02, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »
There's only so many mistakes a coach can make in a season, and Gibbs passed that point a few weeks ago. I just hope he's already made his last one.

Realistically, why would you expect that he has?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #273: December 02, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »
Realistically, why would you expect that he has?

haha..I don't expect it. I hope it.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #274: December 02, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »
There is optimism and there is the delusion that the Redskins are a great team. We have that type of delusional thinking here at wnff.

Judge for yourself if the following is delusional, optimism or realistic. I wouldn't say that Jason Campbell is choking away at the end of games. As a first year starter who was not allowed to even take snaps in practice for a year and a half because of Gibbs' infatuation with Mark Brunell, he is being placed in the difficult position to win or be the play maker under pressure situations (at the end of close games no less) week after week because of Gibbs coaching style. Add the fact that there is (or at least has been until recently) a definite disconnect between Gibbs and the offensive coordinator, a decimated joke of an OL that thwarts the running game and fails to adequately protect him in passing situations (he's constantly under duress) and wideouts that spend as much time on the shelf injured as the Nationals pitching staff and you have a problem. I can think of lots of QB's that struggled in the early goings and went through similar growing pains but eventually became playmakers. I did not expect Jason Campbell to be our playmaker this season. I was hoping he could get the experience to manage games and mature enough so that next season he can become our playmaker and the type of player we can depend on to actually win games. He's seeing things from defenses that he has never seen before. But he'll learn from them and be the better for it. But he needs help from the guys up front badly.