Author Topic: 2018 Stanley Cup Final Thread (Caps vs. Golden Knights)  (Read 32135 times)

Offline UMDNats

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
This morning, the WONKS on the Today show were blathering about the Finals and suggesting that the country is likely to root for Vegas since they're the underdog/Cinderella story.

i say we "HEEL IT UP".   freak VEGAS!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
my son won't be wearing his brand new GK jersey for a while. :(

Online HalfSmokes

This morning, the WONKS on the Today show were blathering about the Finals and suggesting that the country is likely to root for Vegas since they're the underdog/Cinderella story.

i say we "HEEL IT UP".   freak VEGAS!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

Such a tortured fan base - just think of how those Vegas fans stuck with their team through thick and thin

Offline imref

Such a tortured fan base - just think of how those Vegas fans stuck with team through thick and thin

spoke to a friend of mine in LV recently, he said that GK games largely drew tourists / out of towners as it was a pretty cheap ticket, but since the playoff run started they are the talk of the town and have drawn a large local fan base.

Online HalfSmokes

spoke to a friend of mine in LV recently, he said that GK games largely drew tourists / out of towners as it was a pretty cheap ticket, but since the playoff run started they are the talk of the town and have drawn a large local fan base.

Good for them, let the knights suck for a decade (like almost every fanbase in professional sports has delt with) and then see if they’re still the talk of the town.

Offline imref

Good for them, let the knights suck for a decade (like almost every fanbase in professional sports has delt with) and then see if they’re still the talk of the town.

A team sucking for ten years and losing fan interest would make them no different than any other city. 

Online HalfSmokes

A team sucking for ten years and losing fan interest would make them no different than any other city. 

And at that point, it’s a Cinderella story. You don’t get to be Cinderella without having endured the evil stepmother

Offline GoodOmens

Now how to get tickets without sacrificing a first born. Will they do a general sale of anything left?

Offline Optics

We deserve this. Its our year.

Caps in 5.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline mitlen

You don’t get to be Cinderella without having endured the evil stepmother

:clap:

Offline imref

"The center of sin, largesse, vice and corruption versus Las Vegas" jokes are already starting.  Sigh...

Offline dcpatti

"The center of sin, largesse, vice and corruption versus Las Vegas" jokes are already starting.  Sigh...

Seriously, if everyone outside of DC did a better job of voting, we wouldn't have all these corrupt politicians in DC.

Offline mitlen

Seriously, if everyone outside of DC did a better job of voting, we wouldn't have all these corrupt politicians in DC.

Always mention to the family in W. PA, "Each and every one of these bums come from someplace else.    One of the great things about our form of representative government is they're just like the people who sent them  ....   you."   I usually save that til the end of the Thanksgiving dinner.

Offline Count Walewski

what do you think their pregame ceremony will be in Game 1?

Here's what they did for the Jets

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Maybe the crew from Medieval Times can accompany the Caps.  :roll:
what do you think their pregame ceremony will be in Game 1?

Here's what they did for the Jets

Online GburgNatsFan

Few are corrupted before they arrive.  (Ahem. Term Limits.)

Offline mitlen

We have term limits.    They're called elections.    :)     

Online GburgNatsFan

We have term limits.    They're called elections.    :)   

Yeah, I used to think that way.  I understand.

Offline mitlen

Yeah, I used to think that way.  I understand.

After our posts, we'll probably be warned.    :)

On topic:     Go Caps !!

Online GburgNatsFan

After our posts, we'll probably be warned.    :)

On topic:     Go Caps !!

Go Caps!

Offline dcpatti

You can't even run for town dog catcher without being in someone's pocket.

Online GburgNatsFan

You can't even run for town dog catcher without being in someone's pocket.

Go Caps! :D