Author Topic: Vidro? (cleaned up)  (Read 4034 times)

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

Vidro? (cleaned up)
« Topic Start: July 26, 2005, 02:41:44 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
I certainly cant hide that I've never been a Jose Vidro fan. I would trade him in a heartbeat if I could get a player who could bring home runners who get in scoring position. Vidro tends to get very lazy defensively and that in turn effects not just the team but other players. they see his lackadaisical play and either slip into the same routine or try to over compensate which results in their not playing at their best.

Is it a coincidence the team has been playing lackluster baseball since his return? Only if you're blind and sadly there are too many blind Nats fans, and one blind GM who haven't noticed his effect on the team. But hey, Vidro is a team leader, you cant trade him... Whatever was I ever thinking when I dared suggest trading him...

With each passing week, Vidro's value goes down, the same with Wilkerson, who except for the 1st month of the season, has been MUCH LESS than ordinary. Heck every outfielder for both the Devil Rays and the Royals (arguably the two WORST teams in baseball) is hitting better than BRAG WIFF-erson

I say trade both of them and be quick about it, because I cant stand watching them anymore...

I agree with you on almost all points, except Wilkerson.  I happen to like Wilkerson and feel he could be a very valuable asset to this team for years to come.

Vidro on the other hand, get rid of him and do it NOW.  IVe called for Vidro to be traded since just after his return.  I never really cared for him to begin with, he does not seem like the type of player who is going to "bring it" every game, and given the obvious affect his return has had on this club, its time for a change for the both of them.

I was there last tues, last thurs, and last sunday, and surprisingly there were a few BOOOOs here and there when Vidro came to bat.  I happend to be one of those boo birds.  And no, it wasnt opposing teams fans either.  Other Nationals fans were doing it as well.  SO not all nats fans are blinded by the light.

Lose vidro now. Please.