Author Topic: Tanner Roark (2017) - Extend?  (Read 8158 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Tanner Roark (2017) - Extend?
« Reply #100: July 02, 2017, 07:30:42 PM »
Agree with the sentiment but not with the player.  Tanner is a very good MLB pitcher but he isn't pitching like one.  He seems like the classic case of a guy who would greatly benefit from some time off to fix his mechanics.  However, EJax is NOT the guy to replace him.  The best option would probably have been Erick Fedde but he was moved to the pen and, frankly, we may need him there too much.  A.J. Cole has been a disaster in AAA this season so we can safely scratch him.  Amazingly, the best option may just be to add someone like Jaron Long, essentially a non-prospect who hasn't been horrible in the minors, to the 40-man roster and hope for the best.  In the long run, the value added from getting Roark back in form should be worth it and space could be made simply by moving Koda Glover to the 60-day DL if the team doesn't want to DFA anyone at the moment.
Other than Fedde, who I don't think I'd want to put in that spot just yet, I don't see much difference between any of those options.