Author Topic: Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka  (Read 1265 times)

Keebs72

Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka
« Topic Start: September 13, 2005, 11:15:38 AM »
I hate to beat a dead horse but, heck, I'll give it one more whack!  I also realize that hindsight is 20/20, but.....

Since Sunny Kim was let go by the Nationals, he has gone 3-0 with a 2.51 ERA in 4 starts for the Rockies.  Bowden never shoulda let Kim slip away like he did.

Tomo Ohka, meanwhile, has gone 4-3 with a 3.31 ERA in 9 starts for the Brew-crew since being traded to Milwaukee.  Not overwhelming stats, but good for a 4th or 5th starter.  I know that we got Junior Spivey in return, and we needed to fill the void at 2B left by Vidro's injuries, but we sure could use some additional starting pitching as we head into the final stretch of the season.

Any one else wish to give this dead horse another thump?

Offline rileyn

Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka
« Reply #1: September 13, 2005, 06:45:39 PM »
I'll join in.  Not having  4th and 5th starters when Armas and Drese wimped out, has cost us any chance at the playoffs.

Offline PC

Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka
« Reply #2: September 16, 2005, 12:30:37 AM »
This was the heading for the recap of today's Brewers' game.

Ohka strong through seven in D-Backs rout

If only the front office and staff had made the right decisions in the second half of this season, not only would be be leading the wild card, we'd be challenging for the NL East.

NatsCaps19

Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka
« Reply #3: September 16, 2005, 04:20:51 AM »
i was thinking the same thing about Kim and Ohka as well. Always seeing them popping up on the box scores with wins recently.

natslive

Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka
« Reply #4: September 16, 2005, 05:17:16 PM »
Quote from: "NatsCaps19"
i was thinking the same thing about Kim and Ohka as well. Always seeing them popping up on the box scores with wins recently.

while hindsight is always 20/20 - this is one of the many reasons JimBo should go....while I wasn't a big fan of Ohka (or OHNO as I called him) I didn't like the deal for Spivey at the time and still don't...if we had to trade him (because of his disrespecting Frank) I think we could have at least gotten another pitcher...as for Kim - letting him get claimed off of waivers was just plain stupid....

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Sunny Kim and Tomo Ohka
« Reply #5: September 17, 2005, 09:14:06 AM »
C'mon, most of us thought the Ohka / Spivey / Drese deal was brilliant at the time, especially after Drese pitched great 3 out of his first 4 starts.  Of course now it looks awful, cause Ohka's doing fine and the other guys are hurt.

And letting Kim go was brain dead.

But the Ohka deal was solid when it happened.