Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 42243 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Bell, Harris, Finnegan for Hosmer, Cronenworth, Gore

I’m interested to see if the collapse of the Padres leads to more overhauls then just firing tingler and shedding salary.  I’m wondering if we could perhaps get machado and hosmer in a deal

I like the way you're thinking, but there's no way to get Machado into a deal, realistically.  He's too good, not old, and any problems created by his contract are down the line.   I also don't get why you'd get Cronenworth in a deal where the Prellers are trying to dump salary: he's good and cheap and they're in win-now mode; or Harris going the other way: he's expensive, old, and injured.  Bell's decent but he's not going to be especially cheap as he's in his last year of arbitration, and Hosmer's contract becomes much less onerous after this year. 

More along the line you might be thinking would be pared down, Bell going there for Hosmer and assets.  I'm not sure that's Gore because the Prellers have been pumping him up for what seems like a decade now, so it'd be hard for the Preller-in-chief to use him for a salary dump.   But generally, I like the thought of this kind of deal.  Hosmer's not even terrible.  He's just not very good, not worth his contract, and he happens to be on a good team that could use the payroll flexibility.   I think it might be more realistic to take Profar in a miniature version of that deal, but I like the thinking.