Author Topic: The Weather (2012)  (Read 50896 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: The Weather (2012)
« Reply #875: October 31, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
...and now here I am, in my office roughly midway between the Capitol and Verizon Centre...everything looking perfectly normal outside (clear sky with almost picture-postcard-perfect scene), as if nothing had happened the past few days...what a crazy few days this was.

Normally the days after a hurricane see sunny weather and it turns into a steambath (because usually the weather is quite warm and the strong sun evaporates a lot of water). Having all the rain continue yesterday is quite unusual, as is the cold weather following this kind of storm.

It's kind of misleading the way we hear about "hurricane season," though, because it implies there cannot be a hurricane or tropical storm after November 30 (in the Northern Hemisphere). But that's been proven untrue, as Tropical Storm Zeta (in 2005) and Hurricane Alice (in 1954) both formed in late December and even carried over into the following year. I guess it's sort of like deer crossing signs—some people apparently think the signs mean the deer cross the road RIGHT THERE.